DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Coding and registering new battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Does somebody know If coding required if im going to replace IBS?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530Xi -All wheel Drive: Black Sapphire Metallic: Premium-Package/ Cold Weather Package- w Navigation - Adaptive Xenon Headlights/ 19' Miro CSL's w Exclaim UHP Tires- AFE Cold Air Intake AC Schnitzer Rear spoiler and Front lip/ Carbon fiber kidne
Model Year: 2006
Default "error ecu conditions not correct or request sequence" Batt Register DIY

Hello: I replaced my battery on my 2006 530xi with the exact specs(duralast gold DLG) as oem so I only needed to register the new battery. So I follow the directions on this forum

Register the battery. Use Toolset 32 (under EDIABAS folder):
Load SGBD, Group file: MSD80.prg ( used msv70.prg here coz it's the only one I see)
Look up steuern_batterietausch_registri. (near bottom of job list)
Go to Jobs menu
Select Run Job

But when I double click or hit F5 i get an error message saying "error ecu conditions not correct or request sequence error"....what does that mean???

Help! Thanks-

Last edited by InoXi; 05-20-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: show make and model
Old 05-27-2013, 01:53 AM
New Members

Use inpa instead.. Choose engine ->F5->F5
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M54
Model Year: 525i 2004

Originally Posted by F-Tar
...... coded it to VO, then CAS LMA. Recoded the new CAS and it's values over to cas again to get it to show 110Ah in inpa aswell .....
@F-Tar, once you changed the VO and perfroemd FA_Write to CAS and LMA, then what recoding you had to perform on the new CAS and it's values over to cas again?

I am trying to code and register my new AGM 95ah battery and my current one is 90aH Lead -acid. I have everything ready to go, just got confused by your above post. After the VO change, do I need to recode the CAS again to change any value i.e. KLASSE_BATTERIE
from 90ah to 90ah_agm? If that is true, then this would required to be changed in every ECU because all my ECU's have KLASSE_BATTERIE=90ah.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:00 AM
New Members

Then add "-A090" = AGM Batt 90 AmpH to VO, (Delete the old VO) then code CAS and LMA (FA_WRITE)

After this procedure you will have to code CAS according to your new VO decribed above.

This is how you do:

Load expert profile. F1 -> F3 ->(choose chassi) OK -> CAS -> F6

Make sure that CAS is selected (If not, use the choose ECU button) then choose job, "SG_CODIEREN" (F2) then hit F3 to code CAS according to your new VO.

Make sure that it will show the new value i CAS, and also in info field in INPA.

Let me know how it went!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by kskane
@F-Tar, once you changed the VO and perfroemd FA_Write to CAS and LMA, then what recoding you had to perform on the new CAS and it's values over to cas again?

I am trying to code and register my new AGM 95ah battery and my current one is 90aH Lead -acid. I have everything ready to go, just got confused by your above post. After the VO change, do I need to recode the CAS again to change any value i.e. KLASSE_BATTERIE
from 90ah to 90ah_agm? If that is true, then this would required to be changed in every ECU because all my ECU's have KLASSE_BATTERIE=90ah.
Had to quote Sorry for the double.

Then add "-A090" = AGM Batt 90 AmpH to VO, (Delete the old VO) then code CAS and LMA (FA_WRITE)

After this procedure you will have to code CAS according to your new VO decribed above.

This is how you do:

Load expert profile. F1 -> F3 ->(choose chassi) OK -> CAS -> F6

Make sure that CAS is selected (If not, use the choose ECU button) then choose job, "SG_CODIEREN" (F2) then hit F3 to code CAS according to your new VO.

Make sure that it will show the new value i CAS, and also in info field in INPA.

Let me know how it went!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 AM
New Members

And not to forget. Reset battery histogramm as well as confirm battery replacement.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:30 AM
Members

And not to forget. Reset battery histogramm as well as confirm battery replacement.
Thanks F-Tar for your help, could you or anyone of the experts here confirm if the following steps I have taken are correct and do I need to change/edit or do anything else?

Purpose: Changing my 90aH Lead acid battery on my E60 M54 2004 with a 95aH AGM battery.

Steps carried out so far:
1. Replaced the physical battery, perfect exact match.
2. Updated VO using NCSExpert by removing B090 and adding A090 and then performing FA_WRITE to CAS & LMA modules.
3. Update CAS for KLASSE_BATTERIE from 90ah to 90ah_agm using NCSExpert
4. Registering the new battery via Tools32 using MS450S0 (For my M54 engine) file and running the job "steuern_batterietausch_registrieren"
5. Performing Battery Swap and clearing battery histogram via INPA.

Have I missed anything or did anything wrong?

Lastly, How do I tell if the 95Ah AGM is being handled by the IBS properly,INPA is indicating the battery capacity is 91ah.

Last edited by kskane; 06-26-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 AM
New Members

Nr 3 there, i assume that you coded CAS according to the new VO settings. You should not edit the .TRC here.

And nr 4, which is perfectly fine btw.. But not really necessery to use tool32 on ur model.. Your model has MPM and works fine to both register new batterie as well as histogramm reset in INPA. Newer models (after 2005-09 has no MPM) do not have the MPM and does need the registration thru tool32.

I had some trouble aswell to get INPA to show the actual batterie Ah in PMinfo.. I just read CAS and once again performed "SG_CODIEREN" then F3.. After that it showed 110Ah instad of 90Ah, as it should be.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Members

Nr 3 there, i assume that you coded CAS according to the new VO settings. You should not edit the .TRC here.

And nr 4, which is perfectly fine btw.. But not really necessery to use tool32 on ur model.. Your model has MPM and works fine to both register new batterie as well as histogramm reset in INPA. Newer models (after 2005-09 has no MPM) do not have the MPM and does need the registration thru tool32.

I had some trouble aswell to get INPA to show the actual batterie Ah in PMinfo.. I just read CAS and once again performed "SG_CODIEREN" then F3.. After that it showed 110Ah instad of 90Ah, as it should be.
@F-Tar, for point "3. Update CAS for KLASSE_BATTERIE from 90ah to 90ah_agm using NCSExpert", are you saying that I should have not updated the TRC file to manually change the KLASSIE_BATTERIE value from 90ah to 90ah_agm, and simply "Executed Job (F3)" after changing the job type to "SG_CODIEREN" once the VO was updated?

Quick Reply: Coding and registering new battery