DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Changing from Pre Lci Lights to Lci Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 04:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Originally Posted by RoberMC
Hi, thanks for your offering, but i only do this for the challenge and/or physical beers when possible, but thanks anyway

I have no idea about what was improved in latter CCC firmwares, i already knew about the colors and design of the menus, and yesterday i learned that firmware C09 is required to enable welcome lights switch in lights menu, but i never had myself a CCC, and the ones i saw, i was like "oh, what time is it?".

So it is better to ask in another thread related to CCC or open a new one where people owning CCCs could see your question, so you can choose to update or not.

Cheers!
Hi RoberMC

i have since we last spoke fitted xenon front lci headlight so i had to reset the setting we made in the last trace file for the rear brake light errors which come up as i have not connected the extra 2 wires to the lm2 for the extr brake lights as i prefered just the outer brake lights to come on

how do i get rid of the bulb error for the brake lights that i have not connected

what was the value as i took off all the hot and cold bulb checks off also the brake bulb check control still error coming up

was wonderding if you can tell me the value thanks as you got rid of it in the previous trace but that didnt have xenon lci coded to it thanks

hope you can help buddy i await you reply
Old 11-12-2016, 06:52 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 550i
Model Year: 2006

There are cars with LM2 equipped with Pre-LCI lights (manufactured from ??-2006 to 03-2007), so just coding LM2 to your car is not enough to make the tail lights work correctly. NCSExpert will code the LM2 with the configuration according to your MFG date + VO, which corresponds to PRE-LCI Lights, so you will get bulb check errors in the blinkers and wrong brake/position lights and missing functions, even if you wire the two extra wires from the tail lights to your LM2.
Hi Robert,
I am trying to change headlight and taillights to LCI.
I think I am getting exactly the same situation. with MFG date #0306, I added +MUEB to it and default coded LM2, still throw me a lot of tail light error (no error for headlights).

I also try changed to #0909 and situation is the same. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2016, 03:42 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206

I retrofit the LM2 + Head and tail lights with the BMW wiring harness.

I have yet able to code the car but now I lose my driver headlight and angel eye. The control switch doesnt work and that tailights are on all the time with the car.

My mfg date is 0905. Will all these issues go with the coding?
Old 10-30-2018, 05:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: e60

Are they really working?

I didn't expect it to be that easy on the first try.

I compared both files you sent to me, then opened apart the "lm2 WITH +MUEB ADDED NON WORKING FRONT LIGHTS.TRC", in the comparison i isolated all the differences related to headlights, discarding everything related to tail lights (as they were already working fine).

Then edited "lm2 WITH +MUEB ADDED NON WORKING FRONT LIGHTS.TRC" file adding the values related to headlights from the trc file where they were working. And voilá!

The only tricky part is knowing which value corresponds to which light and it's function, and only experience and ncsdummy can help here.

Enjoy your new car lighting
i have pre lci e60 and change front headlights and* rear to lci and change Lm1 to Lm2 , the angel eyes switched off and I try everyyhing still off ,I read I must be add vo +mueb on cas and Lm2 and it will work ,is it wright or there is something els ??
Old 02-08-2020, 08:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW E60 M5
Default LCI Headlights

Hello everyone, srry for bringing this thread back, but I have LM2 coded to my car currently with LCI tail lights.

i kept the pre LCI headlights, and everything is working fine.

question I have is now I want to do the LCI headlights. Would this be a direct swap after pinning the new plug ? - or would I have to code the headlights also ?
Old 03-04-2020, 06:16 AM
Probation Members

My Ride: 2007 530i

Try coding your LM2 with this file, and let me know how it goes.

Rename it to FSW_PSW.MAN and code with a profile capable of using MAN files.
can i use the same file to code my car?