DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Aux input and MP3 sw activation

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
PDP
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530D

Hi all, I have a question about AUX input and MP3 activation trough SSS, having in mind that today Progman is about V31 version and my car is V29 or so (2007), is it necessary to load a full codification (4 or 5 hours) or is just a few minutes question?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by PDP' post='778699' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:05 PM
Hi all, I have a question about AUX input and MP3 activation trough SSS, having in mind that today Progman is about V31 version and my car is V29 or so (2007), is it necessary to load a full codification (4 or 5 hours) or is just a few minutes question?
Thanks in advance
Hi

Before codeding mp3 or AUX in , you will have to update the car's software , PROGMAN always "check" the corrent Version when "hooked up" , and will not performe any coding before update have been done. Only way to awoid this ,is to find a BMW dealership that have the V29 running on there PROGMAN computer , then they would be able to code the option's direct without updating first.

A update from V29 to V31 should take about 2-21/2 hour ( from V30 to V31 about 15-20 minuts ) , coding the mp3 and AUX afterwards aprox. 15-30 minutes.

Hope this clarify's it a bit for you

Best Regards
BenAnd
Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

My car is in the shop for an update and I picked up that they have Progman 32.X. The Service manager said new Progman versions are released so often, that they barely can keep count
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 AM
PDP
Members

Many thanks BenAnd and LW78, it?s completely clear for me now.

Just a final question: Do you know where it?s possible to know the list enhacements and fixes made in the different Progman releases? It?s frustrating the lack of available information about this question, as I think is very important to help to make a decision about changing or not to a new sw version.

Best regards
Old 01-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by PDP' post='779197' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:06 AM

Just a final question: Do you know where it?s possible to know the list enhacements and fixes made in the different Progman releases? It?s frustrating the lack of available information about this question, as I think is very important to help to make a decision about changing or not to a new sw version.

Best regards
Hi PDP

Sorry no , I can say that when I asked my mechanic , at the BMW dealership , he said that iveen they dident know what was changede from one version to another , and they can't see it anyweare , they don't get any information from BMW servic support in M?nich either , the update's of the PROGMAN/SSS software run automaticly durring the nights ( PROGMAN/SSS is at all time on-line to M?nich ).

I don't know why it is so , but so it is.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

Originally Posted by PDP' post='779197' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:06 AM

Best regards

I wouldn't take the troubles to update your car. Do you have CCC? Then I would defenitely leave it alone. You probably already have the new lay-out (new colors) and won't notice the difference.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:07 AM
PDP
Members

As I am determined to activate Aux in and MP3 and probably have to upgrade to actual Progman (I don't find easy to find a dealer with my V29 version), should be great to know which new things and possibilities will afford with this release, but if BMW's policy is as narrow as you describe, I can understand why the dealer can't explain almost anything about this.
Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I have version 31 on my car and my dealer still wants $600 labour to install the kit. What a f'n rip off!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2020 530e xDrive
Model Year: 2020
Engine: Hybrid

This weekend, I went up to a dealership that a buddy works at to enable MP3. It looked like it automatically checks for the latest version of software, but he told me I had the latest version so we attempted an MP3 retrofit. For some reason that he wasn't sure of, the CCC wasn't taking the update The update took at 15 minutes through the GT-One/Progman software to attempt the MP3 retrofit. He said there is a new software that replaces the GT-One/Progman setup called ISTA/P, but it was down due to updates this weekend. I'm going to pick up the Aux adapter and hopefully the ISTA/P can code my CCC properly in the near future.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

I had my car coded for mp3 capabilities. It has never been updated so it was on ver. 17.1 They started the mp3 retrofit programming at around 3:00 PM and at about 5:00 they said it will take around 6 to 7 hrs to finish so kept it overnight. Next morning I picked up the car and mp3 was working.

That was about couple of months ago. I never asked, what version was coded until my last visit last week and they gave me a read out that it is still running ver. 17.1 but they were able to just add mp3 part without the full upgrade. So I'm still at 17.1

I'm not sure if they told me, my current version correctly but I have mp3 enabled, it shows track/artist info in two lines for each track and my front orange eyebrows lid up.
I'm not sure if all this possible with version 17.1?

Quick Reply: Aux input and MP3 sw activation