DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Adding speed camera POI to your SatNav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELP!! I just got Progman 25, and for some reason, my nav DVD with speed camera POIs is not working... I start my car, the drive is loading, but nothing on i-drive screen... and it is hard to pop the DVD out of drive, no matter now many times i press the eject button... it seems to be struggling to read... not sure why... the DVD was working with Progman 24...

thanks guys!!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Must have changed something in their software. I don't have that version, so not much I can do to help. Maybe BMW have worked out how stop people using backup copies. Or maybe it just needs the latest DVD version.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Contributors

First of all an apology to all those of you who have emailed me over recent months and never received a reply. I'm really, really sorry I haven't responded, a combination of moving home and a new job has meant I've had no time to deal with car, speed camera issues. I've not even had time to update my own NAV DVD with recent camera updates!

Hopefully now I've a bit more free time on my hands I can catch up with whats been going on

For those of you who have recently been upgraded to CIP 25 and now find your DVD no longer works, what CIP version were you on prior to the upgrade? If it was a version prior to CIP 23 then try creating a new DVD but this time make sure only ISO 9660 and UDF options are ticked when you are modifying the iso properties. As of CIP 23 it was reported that, that software version onwards didn't like the Joliet file system at all. Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 520D 2006 - Media Package, M-tec Kit, Lighting package, extended lights, Leather seats, Auto High beam. Carbon Black, with black leather.

Originally Posted by mathmos' post='434924' date='Jun 12 2007, 01:12 PM
First of all an apology to all those of you who have emailed me over recent months and never received a reply. I'm really, really sorry I haven't responded, a combination of moving home and a new job has meant I've had no time to deal with car, speed camera issues. I've not even had time to update my own NAV DVD with recent camera updates!

Hopefully now I've a bit more free time on my hands I can catch up with whats been going on

For those of you who have recently been upgraded to CIP 25 and now find your DVD no longer works, what CIP version were you on prior to the upgrade? If it was a version prior to CIP 23 then try creating a new DVD but this time make sure only ISO 9660 and UDF options are ticked when you are modifying the iso properties. As of CIP 23 it was reported that, that software version onwards didn't like the Joliet file system at all. Hope this helps.

Hey welcome back!

The problems which i have encountered have now all be sorted, and im more than willing to make a DVD for any member, provided that you dont mind paying the postage costs etc.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Members

Thumbs up

Hi,

I have modifiyed my DVD and it's working fine, thanks to a very detailled procedure

I have 2 questions :

1) It is possible to always have speed cameras in the screen (like 'city_centre.gif' for example)? and how?

2) It is possible to have on the screen at same time more than one category of speed cameras? I explain, before I had to use a tomtom device with speed camera detailled by:
* types (fixed, mobile, red light)
* speed (30, 40, 50 ...130)
The advantage is that you know the speed limit and you have a dedicated gif file.
I try to make that but i haven't find how to show all categories in same time. Perhaps it's impossible.

Thanks for your responses,
Regards
Old 06-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Tourind (e61) Auto - Delivered 9th June 2005 Olivin met, Electric Front Seats & Driver Memory, Media Pack - Sat Nav Pro, 6 CD, Bmw Assist, Bluetooth, HUD, PDC, Visibility Pack - Bi-xenons, adaptive headlights and Headlight Wash, Auto Air Con Advanced, Extended Voice Control, Sliding armrest, Split folding rear seats, electric lid, Auto Dimming Folding Mirrors, Trailer Clutch

Hi Guys,

Great job you've done!

Trying to do the job with 2007-1 DVD.

3 questions :

1-) what is the best DVD to use. I burned a copy on a DVD+R (without speed cameras, just to check if I could do it). It seems to be slower than the original BMW DVD. How are the -RW and +RW?

2-) Since it seems impossible to have both "automatic" and "mobile" speed cameras on screen, do you know how to merge different .asc POI files (I've got one for each kind) in one?

3-) Any clue where I can find italian speed camera POI (I'll be there in 2 weeks)?

Thanks,
Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Contributors

1) It is possible to always have speed cameras in the screen (like 'city_centre.gif' for example)? and how?
As far as I am aware you can only toggle poi's on or off and they will always be set to off when you restart your car.

2) It is possible to have on the screen at same time more than one category of speed cameras? I explain, before I had to use a tomtom device with speed camera detailled by:
* types (fixed, mobile, red light)
* speed (30, 40, 50 ...130)
The advantage is that you know the speed limit and you have a dedicated gif file.
I try to make that but i haven't find how to show all categories in same time. Perhaps it's impossible.
At the moment the BMW navigation system can only show one type of poi at a time so unfortunately we are restricted to just being able to display 'speed cameras' and not different types of speed cameras.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Contributors

1-) what is the best DVD to use. I burned a copy on a DVD+R (without speed cameras, just to check if I could do it). It seems to be slower than the original BMW DVD. How are the -RW and +RW?
I use DVD +RW but must confess to never having thought about speed, its just what I've always used.

2-) Since it seems impossible to have both "automatic" and "mobile" speed cameras on screen, do you know how to merge different .asc POI files (I've got one for each kind) in one?
unfortunately you can only display one type of poi at a time, you will have to merge the different types into one file if you cannot obtain an already merged file. To merge them just copy and paste the contents of one file into the other.

3-) Any clue where I can find italian speed camera POI (I'll be there in 2 weeks)?
you could try here http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...TOPIC_ID=51627
Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Tourind (e61) Auto - Delivered 9th June 2005 Olivin met, Electric Front Seats & Driver Memory, Media Pack - Sat Nav Pro, 6 CD, Bmw Assist, Bluetooth, HUD, PDC, Visibility Pack - Bi-xenons, adaptive headlights and Headlight Wash, Auto Air Con Advanced, Extended Voice Control, Sliding armrest, Split folding rear seats, electric lid, Auto Dimming Folding Mirrors, Trailer Clutch

Hi Mathmos,

Thank you, I'll try to copy and past the files (hopefully tonight).

Since my last CIP update (end of march 2007, v.25 I think), I keep the displayed icon even after having stopped the car (eg petrol station).
Also when I start the car, the idrive screen is the one that was displayed when turnig off the car (eg radio + bord computer).
Great improvements!

I've already tried the link you propose and registered on the italian web site, but can't find where to download Speed Camera POI files.
Also, I'm not able to speak a word of italian, which doesn't help ...
We'll see ...

Regards,
Old 06-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Members

Hi All,

Do I need the V29.1 software upgrade to run the 2007-2 Europe Map.

I have a 2006 3 series M Sport with Pro Navigation.

If I insert the 2007-2 Disk I get "New Software DVD, shut down and restart after 5 minutes"

Stupid question, but how do you do that, or is this 2007-2 not compatible, 2006-1 came with car.

Any help would be good.

Regards, Steve.

Quick Reply: Adding speed camera POI to your SatNav DVD