DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

ACS Roof Spoiler Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Good to know, thanks for sharing your experience.
This makes me have 2nd-thoughts about the purchase.

To alleviate the warpage, some folks have used weights
to hold the roof spoiler in place while the adhesive sets in.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='565506' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:12 PM
Good to know, thanks for sharing your experience.
This makes me have 2nd-thoughts about the purchase.

To alleviate the warpage, some folks have used weights
to hold the roof spoiler in place while the adhesive sets in.
The shop did use weights. No matter how much you heat it and press it down to mold it...it will always fight to get back to it's original shape. Obviously you could heat it up more, but the shop said at that point you would be making to flexible and it would warp or reshape itself so once it cooled down it wouldn't resemble what it was supposed to look like. I know these guys at the shop and they are as honest as they come. They said I definitely got a defective spoiler! Now Carking2001 won't honor their promise to replace it!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Have you had a chance to install the trunk spoiler? I'm curious about its quality.

Btw, did you pay for your set using your credit card via PayPal?
Sometimes they'll refund your purchase due to a defective product.
I know my AMEX does. Check it out.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='565527' date='Apr 21 2008, 10:11 PM
Have you had a chance to install the trunk spoiler? I'm curious about its quality.

Btw, did you pay for your set using your credit card via PayPal?
Sometimes they'll refund your purchase due to a defective product.
I know my AMEX does. Check it out.
No, I have a pretty decent amount in my paypal account since I sell many items on ebay. I usually just pay with the money that is already in my paypal account. I wished I used my AMEX with this purchase. AMEX has been so good to me in the past with all of the stuff I get through the mail.

I did install the M5 lip spoiler from them. It's okay, but it is starting to come up a bit. I will have to have it removed and the shop will use better 3M tape instead of the crap that came on it! Plus there are just a couple of paint imperfections. Most people wouldn't notice because it is so small. I do since I was looking for it after my experience with the roof spoiler. I did buy them at the same time.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='565445' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:34 PM
By my count, there are at least four people interested if not five. I will send Alex an email. Keep your fingers crossed....

S
E-mailed Alex and the price he quote me is $265 shipped which is around $22 less if purchased from EBAY. I have no problem to buy directly so he can pass on the savings of the EBAY fee to me as discount. But I might use AMEX to pay in case there's any issue for the quality of the fitments........
Old 04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Sorry to hear about all your troubles from Carking guys.

In all fairness, I researched Delsa through a variety of folks who had bought from Alex before and all the feedback I got was positive. Rudeja on this site, as a matter of fact, also reccomended them and so far, no issues with my trunk or roof spoiler. I had no warpage or heating needed for my install. It's been on about a month without any problems with speeds >120mph so I can definitely reccommend his product.

Got an email from Alex today who quoted a price of 1185 for 5 sets of roof/trunk spoilers, all pre-painted. The catch is they would have to all be shipped to the same address to save on shipping costs. The individual price would work out to 237 each... Someone would have to accept responsibility to receive and ship these out to other members.... The price savings is not significant [about 30 bucks] and the hassle may just not be worth it...

Hope this helps some of yall decide. Alex is a good guy and the product has been tried and tested. I would encourage you to contact him directly for any issues: sales@delsamotorsports.com

S