Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Turtle Wax Black Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010 | 09:50 AM
Members

Just wondering if anybody out there with a black BMW has tried this before, and what was their experience with it?
Old 04-23-2010 | 09:52 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Muchisgiven
Just wondering if anybody out there with a black BMW has tried this before, and what was their experience with it?
Member Howitzer has done it and liked it...
Old 04-23-2010 | 09:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by Muchisgiven
black box
Old 05-02-2010 | 07:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

Wonder if I should clay and then use the "black box"? Thoughts?
Old 05-02-2010 | 07:34 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by gbaty0001
Wonder if I should clay and then use the "black box"? Thoughts?
That's what I would do
Old 05-03-2010 | 04:01 AM
Members

I would clay too...I'm wondering do I need to use anything else before black box...like compound or something? My box is just sitting in the closet
Old 05-05-2010 | 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I'll start off by saying that I've NEVER liked Turtle Wax products. I've had borderline terrible results with their paste waxes in the past, so much that I through out the products after the first use.

With that being said, I saw Howitzer's video reviews on Turtle Wax's Black Box and was totally sold. I went to Advance Auto Parts yesterday and picked up the kit, washed my black '05 Z4 and began applying the products later that afternoon. The end result was absolutely fantastic! The front end of my car is covered in small rock chips and TW's Black Box filled/covered everything. The finish looks like glass. I couldn't be any happier.

As like all TW products, Black Box is rather difficult to remove once dried on the vehicle. Another thing - WEAR GLOVES. This stuff is just like applying black shoe polish.

The true to test will be to see how long it actually holds up.
Old 05-05-2010 | 08:12 AM
Members

Please post pics I would love to see the results...I'm thinking about applying it this weekend
Old 05-05-2010 | 05:14 PM
Members

u gonna waist your time and money ! in one week after you wash your car will look same as before that magic box, why people try to cut corners , get a polisher and pads and do it right.
u will just mess your car up with some magic box.
Cosmin
Old 05-05-2010 | 05:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Cosmin
u gonna waist your time and money ! in one week after you wash your car will look same as before that magic box, why people try to cut corners , get a polisher and pads and do it right.
u will just mess your car up with some magic box.
Cosmin
I have never used black box myself, but I agree...fillers do not last very long...a band-aid won't fix a broken hip (ok maybe that's a little extreme )

Now that I have gotten pretty decent at polishing...I don't waste my time with fillers. Sure I wax my car, but if you wax your car to make it shine then your paint needs polishing. Wax should not be needed to make your car shine, if the car is properly polished, you will see no significant change in reflection/deepness after applying wax.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Black Box