Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Touch-less Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I tend to very uncomfortable with run of the mill automatic car washes. I have a jet black e60 and it shows every little surface scratch. Driving through those car washes and having their large fabric washing strips slapping against my car feels like I am going through a "house of horrors" ride ad the amusement park!!

Anyhow, I recently tired the Laser Wash "touch free" car wash. This was at my local Exxon and really was "touch free". The wash sprayed my car with a soapy water solution, then more water, then some other foamy stuff, more water and a blower to dry the car.

I must admit, my car came out looking clean! I think if my car was really dirty this wouldn't have been enough to get serious dirt or other debris off the car but for a quick freshening up I was impressed with the wash and didn't have to worry about getting surface scratches that typically come with those brushes and fabric strip wash systems.

The funny thing is this place is about 1 mile from my house and I have lived here 5 years and never tried it! I figured any car wash at my local gas station would shred my paint.....I would have been there weekly over the winter had I known about it!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I tried it twice....never again...the two places I went to both used recycled water. The water had been recycled about a trillion times...it left and thin sludge on my car...disgusting. I now hand was every 2 weeks...in the morning when it's still somewhat cool.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

These things get some dirt off and are touchless only because they use super harsh chemicals to clean your car. Just say no.....
Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by bonehead
These things get some dirt off and are touchless only because they use super harsh chemicals to clean your car. Just say no.....

Wow - I was really psyched about this thing - oh well - I guess it was too good to be true.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

Originally Posted by bonehead
yeah those brush-less washes do suck... we have one at a mobile and one guy who opened up a cleaning center... the later jacked his price up to $15 dollars... what the F!!!! - this is ri man....

oh well... it sucks I love to hand wash but ... tomorrow I promise!