Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Take a look at my Zaino'ed car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I just spent the last 6 hours detailing my car today. I used Dawn this time. Here's what I did:

1. Washed car with Dawn
2. Clayed car with Mother's Clay Bar. Went through a whole bottle of detail spray to keep the clay bar soaked.
3. Washed Car with Zaino Car Wash (Threw Mitts in washer before rewashing for step 3...wanted no Dawn on my mitts).
4. Polished the first coat with Zaino All-in-One (AIO)
5. Wax/Polished with Z-5 Pro
6. Wax/Polished with Z-5 Pro again
7. Layered with Zaino CS-Clear
8. Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray

I used the Griot's Random Orbital to do steps 4 - 6. This was my first time using an orbital. All I can say is, for those that are doing it by hand...STOP! Get yourself one of these now! They are amazing and I can still feel my arms. And the result is 10x better than doing it by hand.

After I was done, the wife came into the garage and first words out of her mouth were...."HOLY S#*T!". I kid you not!

My Jet Black car looks better than new. No swirls, no scratches, no nothing! It looks stunning!!!!

I'll take pix later. Gotta head to a friends for dinner.

Lesson here is....Buy the Zaino line and buy a Random Orbital!
Old 04-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Great reaction by Mrs. Cman.

How about some pics? Nothin' like a clean, shiny black E60!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Senior Members

haha Cman , I thought your wife's reaction was due to the fact you started when the sun came up and ended when it went down!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Senior Members

one more thing , how often do you give it the works?

Im going to skip steps 2, 4, 5,6, . Maybe just dawn it, clay then z2, cs clear, Maybe Grand finale it the follwing day.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by jordan23junkee' post='419272' date='Apr 29 2007, 11:54 PM
one more thing , how often do you give it the works?

Im going to skip steps 2, 4, 5,6, . Maybe just dawn it, clay then z2, cs clear, Maybe Grand finale it the follwing day.
Dude...she was pissed! That's 2 days on the car. Yesterday was the meet, today was the detail. Hahaha! But this was the semi-annual overhaul. I'll do this job every 4-6 months. What you are doing is fine. Keep in mind though...the clay removes everything....oxidation, old wax and polish. So if you plan on claying, I would load up on protection with a few coats of Z2. Definitely at least 2. I would not just do 1 and then lay CS Clear...that's not enough. It's also summer time around the corner and the sun is going to beat down on your car. You need protection. Do you have an orbital? If not, go buy Griot's for $129. It's sooo much easier with this machine.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue/Beige, Navigation, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, PDC, split-folding rear seats, DIY iPod. DIY Valentine 1 hardwire, loose nut behind the wheel.

Dammit, Cman. I just spent even more of my hard-earned cash thanks to you. The random orbital is on its way, and my Zaino bottles are ready to go. Time to knock out those swirlies!