Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Take a look at my Zaino'ed car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007 | 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='402072' date='Mar 12 2007, 10:11 PM
Hey cmansbimmer,
I'll buy you all the beer you can drink if you Zaino my car before the Bay Area meet.
I'm an Oban (Scotch) and Stoli Elite drinker. Agree to a bottle of each and you have yourself a deal.
Old 03-13-2007 | 11:05 AM
Contributors

Per your recommendation, I took the plunge buying this kit. It's $80. Damn expensive, but it might worth it. Will see how it goes.
I need an orbital polisher.
Old 03-13-2007 | 11:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by my530i' post='402330' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:05 PM
Per your recommendation, I took the plunge buying this kit. It's $80. Damn expensive, but it might worth it. Will see how it goes.
I need an orbital polisher.
Yeah, I'm considering buying this one. Griot's Orbital I did it by hand and it wasn't so bad. But an orbital would definitely make it easier.
Old 03-13-2007 | 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='402336' date='Mar 13 2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I'm considering buying this one. Griot's Orbital I did it by hand and it wasn't so bad. But an orbital would definitely make it easier.
I bought the Griot's ... works very well and saves time and keeps your arms from falling off. The random orbital is easy to use and worry-free. But it sometimes takes 4-5 polish steps to get out the nastier swirls and scrapes - a lot of work. Which is why I may jump to a rotary to get the work done faster.
Old 03-14-2007 | 08:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='402336' date='Mar 13 2007, 12:28 PM
I just order the Porter Cable polisher and Zaino triplet. My friend warned me about using the polisher on the E60. He suggest I give the polisher a run on my Toyota first which is an excellent idea.
Old 03-15-2007 | 08:02 AM
Members

Just curious if you used Rejex on the wheels and what kind of results you achieved. I live in Boston and put four coats of Zaino on my car and winter wheels before the snow fell. I must say, I thought I was going to see better protection. My wheels are stained and my car doesn't bead like it used to. I was hoping the dirt and grime would spray off with a touchless carwash but that wasn't the case - it really requires some contact in order to keep it clean (it' black). I am thinking about using Zaino for the summer months and Rejex for the winter, assuming Rejex has better protectant qualities.
Anyone's thoughts are apprecaited.
Old 03-15-2007 | 08:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KCooke82' post='403070' date='Mar 15 2007, 12:02 PM
Just curious if you used Rejex on the wheels and what kind of results you achieved. I live in Boston and put four coats of Zaino on my car and winter wheels before the snow fell. I must say, I thought I was going to see better protection. My wheels are stained and my car doesn't bead like it used to. I was hoping the dirt and grime would spray off with a touchless carwash but that wasn't the case - it really requires some contact in order to keep it clean (it' black). I am thinking about using Zaino for the summer months and Rejex for the winter, assuming Rejex has better protectant qualities.
Just use Zaino for it all. I just washed my car after my Zaino job this past weekend and the water beaded off like a charm. Rejex never did that as well for me. As for the wheels, I don't bother. Regardless of how hard you try, brake dust build up is inevitable. If you really want to go overboard, Zaino the car and then Rejex it. But for me, I am no longer using Rejex. Zaino is the end all, be all for me.
Old 03-16-2007 | 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue/Beige, Navigation, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, PDC, split-folding rear seats, DIY iPod. DIY Valentine 1 hardwire, loose nut behind the wheel.

Originally Posted by KCooke82' post='403070' date='Mar 15 2007, 12:02 PM
What Zaino products are you using? After reading about the new Z-CS Clear Seal, it sounds a lot like Rejex in that it's meant to last a long time (6+ months). I'm think about slapping a coat or two of that on top of my standard Zaino products when springtime (EVENTUALLY) gets here. Zaino shine plus Rejex-like protection.
Old 03-21-2007 | 10:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wildcat' post='403502' date='Mar 16 2007, 11:44 AM
What Zaino products are you using? After reading about the new Z-CS Clear Seal, it sounds a lot like Rejex in that it's meant to last a long time (6+ months). I'm think about slapping a coat or two of that on top of my standard Zaino products when springtime (EVENTUALLY) gets here. Zaino shine plus Rejex-like protection.
I could see putting Rejex on top of the Zaino, but after washing, claying, washing, laying a coat of AIO, then a few coats of Z5 Pro, plus the CS and then Z8 Grand Finale, I can't imagine using anything else. Maybe a coat of Rejex on the bonnet and trunk, but I'd leave everything else as is.
Old 04-29-2007 | 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='401980' date='Mar 12 2007, 11:56 PM
Here's the one thing to all though...what I really should have done is used Dawn for my first wash. This would have stripped away all the old Rejex and any other crap on the car from my previous details jobs. After that, I then should have laid down the NXT wash. But it still looks awesome.
I also wondered about the use of dawn.
There are a lot of varied opinions on the internet.

I now personally think that a paint cleaner will be much better and safer to remove pevious polishes or waxes.