Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Steering wheel cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by mmitev
The thing I hate though is cleaning the glass from the inside.. There are always some smears and it takes much longer than expected.

On long journeys I also wear "old-fashioned" driving gloves. They isolate any sweat from the hands and just give a very nice and supple feeling to the hands.
me too I hate cleaning the inside of the glass it so hard and the corner is a bitch to clean.

driving gloves no way :thumbsdown:
I tryed this but with the gloves on it feels like I lost contact with the road, maybe that it just me.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
driving gloves no way :thumbsdown:
I tryed this but with the gloves on it feels like I lost contact with the road, maybe that it just me.
my gloves are from suede (e.g. natural alcantara), which increases the friction between hands and wheel a lot. this gives me a better feeling as I just touch the wheel and it turns, I don't have to grab it.
a friend complained that the normal leather gloves he tried were quite slippery, so the effect was the opposite.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by mmitev
my gloves are from suede (e.g. natural alcantara), which increases the friction between hands and wheel a lot. this gives me a better feeling as I just touch the wheel and it turns, I don't have to grab it.
a friend complained that the normal leather gloves he tried were quite slippery, so the effect was the opposite.
right got you
where can I get these on the net?
I like to try a pair
Old 05-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
right got you
where can I get these on the net?
I like to try a pair
I got mine custom made by a leather shop here. They make driving gloves with the smooth leather side out, and I just asked them to make a pair with the suede side out.

They look 95% like the black pair 3 right and 3 down (starting from top left) on the link below (with the bare knuckles), but also have perforations on the fingers like the pair 2 right 3 down:
http://www.scparts.co.uk/index/lang-...tpl&marker=8#8
(and obviously are from suede..)