Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

So you think your seats are clean? Mr clean Majic eraser....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010 | 09:11 PM
Senior Members

Decided to give the Majic eraser a shot. I had used a leather cleaner/conditioner on my seats 2 months ago they seemed clean but I wasnt satisfied. Majic eraser showed me the error of my ways.Heres some pics of during the process showing the difference it made on the drivers side seat. I couldnt believe the difference, I really thought the seats were pretty clean before using the majic eraser.

So you think your seats are clean? Mr clean Majic eraser....-11151814.jpg
So you think your seats are clean? Mr clean Majic eraser....-11151816.jpg
So you think your seats are clean? Mr clean Majic eraser....-11151826.jpg
So you think your seats are clean? Mr clean Majic eraser....-11151832.jpg
So you think your seats are clean? Mr clean Majic eraser....-11151848.jpg

used it on the doors interior,center armrest and heading to the back seats as soon as I have enough time. Basically it works on almost any rough plastic or leather surface.
Old 11-18-2010 | 03:00 AM
Senior Members

wow that's great, what a difference! what kind of leather conditioner were you using 2 months ago?

on my seats (light grey leather, much lighter than yours) I first use soap and a soft brush to clean them, before using the BMW conditioner to feed and protect the leather.

I must say that my results with soap and a soft brush look very much like the results with the magic eraser. I am sure on some stubborn places the magic eraser would be better, but my concern is that its actually abrasive and may damage the surface of the leather, effectively making it get dirty quicker.

I must get it though to try it on a nasty spot that could not get away even with Vanish
Old 11-18-2010 | 04:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

This is the second post I have seen showing incredible results with the magic eraser. I think the last one was regarding cleaning a steering wheel. I have to admit with results this good I am a bit leery. That is, I wonder if the product is stripping "too much" away. I did some searching and here are some comments I found on line:

"They are a great tool but must be used with respect. It will strip the dye out of plastic if a heavy handed approach is used. I used one today to get a stain out of a new Lexus kick panel and it worked fine. I have seen where it has stripped the colour out so you just need to be careful, that's all."

I still am on the fence but must admit the photos that people have been putting up look great.
Old 11-18-2010 | 11:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolf
This is the second post I have seen showing incredible results with the magic eraser. I think the last one was regarding cleaning a steering wheel. I have to admit with results this good I am a bit leery. That is, I wonder if the product is stripping "too much" away. I did some searching and here are some comments I found on line:

"They are a great tool but must be used with respect. It will strip the dye out of plastic if a heavy handed approach is used. I used one today to get a stain out of a new Lexus kick panel and it worked fine. I have seen where it has stripped the colour out so you just need to be careful, that's all."

I still am on the fence but must admit the photos that people have been putting up look great.
I think it should be fine as long as you go easy on the scrubbing and condition the leather after cleaning it with the magic eraser...I'm not sure if this is sold in the UK but the steering wheel looks good in the other thread... the areas you want to be careful are the side bolsters
Old 11-18-2010 | 02:17 PM
Contributors

Thanks for sharing!

You my sir have one dirty butt! haha

The magic eraser is good for cleaning walls and the white midsoles of shoes too with my experience.
Old 11-18-2010 | 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I would be VERY careful as the magic eraser is ABRASIVE!! Kind of like fixing your wood floors with sandpaper!
Old 11-18-2010 | 04:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport package- Sapphire black

It looks good.
Old 11-18-2010 | 05:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mmitev
wow that's great, what a difference! what kind of leather conditioner were you using 2 months ago?

on my seats (light grey leather, much lighter than yours) I first use soap and a soft brush to clean them, before using the BMW conditioner to feed and protect the leather.

I must say that my results with soap and a soft brush look very much like the results with the magic eraser. I am sure on some stubborn places the magic eraser would be better, but my concern is that its actually abrasive and may damage the surface of the leather, effectively making it get dirty quicker.

I must get it though to try it on a nasty spot that could not get away even with Vanish
it was mcguires cleaner conditioner and i used a toothbrush to scrub the seats some dirt came out but not like this.

Originally Posted by wolf

there are different levels of abrasiveness I got the regular ones.....they are slightly abrasive I tried in an area of leather that could not be seen at first and scrubed hard to see the effect...there was no damage I could see.

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Thanks for sharing!

You my sir have one dirty butt! haha

The magic eraser is good for cleaning walls and the white midsoles of shoes too with my experience.
I bought the car 3 months ago....not my buttstain.Tha majic eraser is good for cleaning much more than that as you can see from the results of the steering wheel thread and this.

Originally Posted by e60lifestyle
It looks good.
Thanks Im very happy with the results cant wait to finish the rest of the car.
Old 11-19-2010 | 04:09 PM
Members

Nice work shu !
Old 11-19-2010 | 10:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by leadfoot
Nice work shu !
thanks bud

Quick Reply: So you think your seats are clean? Mr clean Majic eraser....