Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Removing spots from windsheild

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all! My first post. I have a '07 5301. LOVE IT!! Bought as CPO in Dec. '07 with 18K miles. Actually, I found it at a Lexus dealer, bought it, and the manager at the BMW dealership worked out a deal so that I could get it CPO'd.

Anyway, my wife's brand new car somehow got water spots on the windsheild. Very annoying!! They wouldn't come off with the usual glass cleaners. So, I got out the Windex and McGuire's clay bar. Worked perfectly!!!

Just wanted to pass this along...
Old 02-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bronze Bird
Hello all! My first post. I have a '07 5301. LOVE IT!! Bought as CPO in Dec. '07 with 18K miles. Actually, I found it at a Lexus dealer, bought it, and the manager at the BMW dealership worked out a deal so that I could get it CPO'd.
Anyway, my wife's brand new car somehow got water spots on the windsheild. Very annoying!! They wouldn't come off with the usual glass cleaners. So, I got out the Windex and McGuire's clay bar. Worked perfectly!!!
Just wanted to pass this along...
Water spots can be difficult to remove from glass and paint. But you've discovered the magic of clay ... Windex and other commercial glass cleaners often contain ammonia - that can remove wax too ... so cautious with the overspray.

As an FYI I had a real problem with the plastic windows on my convertible top getting foggy ... I usually resorted to special convertible plastic cleaners but a few years back discovered that a good microfiber cloth and Windex made the job a snap! And they stay cleaner much longer ... microfibers have become the "aspirin" of the car cleaning world.

And finally ... a hearty WELCOME!

A first time poster who brings a solution to the forum ... I think we're gonna like having you around to share your e60 experiences