Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Rejex - What am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was getting sick and tired of having to clean my wheels every couple of weeks. Some people on this forum recommended Rejex. I'd never heard of it before, but thought I'd give it a try. I followed the recommended procedure for applying this stuff (clean wheels, dry wheels, apply, wait 15 minutes, rub off excess, let cure for 12 hours). Afterwards the surface of the wheels felt incredibly smooth. So far so good. Forward a couple of weeks and the wheels look dirty again after some 500 miles. So today I decided to clean them again, hoping the breakdust could be easily washed off this time around. However, this was not the case. The dust seemed to be glued onto the wheels in some places. Almost like the Rejex didn't cure in time and the first breakdust that accumulated bonded with the stuff. I had to break out my good ole Meguiars Wheel Brightener to get the wheels clean again. This stuff really works, but is very aggressive so I don't want to use it on a regular basis. So what went wrong here? Does Rejex simply not work as advertised? Did I use too much? Was it too old? I bought it from a guy that used to be a distributor for Rejex products but since stopped cause it wasn't bringing in enough money. But he still had a few bottles of Rejex flying around. I'm hesitant to use Rejex again until I find out why it didn't work.

Thanks,
-MarcW
Old 08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

You used too much product the first time around. I'm an ex-rejex user.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Marc, you need to deal with the source of the dust ,your brake pads, OEM pads are soft and throw way too much dust. You need to replace them with a dustless pad like Axxis Deluxe , you can get them from modbargains here for around 135/pair . I put them on my car when it arrived from the factory and they are fantastic ! Brake dust virtually eliminated and the braking is the same !!

Good Luck
Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='653557' date='Aug 24 2008, 06:17 PM
Marc, you need to deal with the source of the dust ,your brake pads, OEM pads are soft and throw way too much dust. You need to replace them with a dustless pad like Axxis Deluxe , you can get them from modbargains here for around 135/pair . I put them on my car when it arrived from the factory and they are fantastic ! Brake dust virtually eliminated and the braking is the same !!

Good Luck
I didn't think Axxis made pads that fit an 06 530xiT. Am I wrong? The other thing is that I bought the extended maintenance package that includes all maintenance for 6 years/100k miles including brakes. I'm afraid that if I need new rotors BMW will not honor the extended maintenance due to aftermarket pads. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by marcw' post='653613' date='Aug 24 2008, 10:01 PM
I didn't think Axxis made pads that fit an 06 530xiT. Am I wrong? The other thing is that I bought the extended maintenance package that includes all maintenance for 6 years/100k miles including brakes. I'm afraid that if I need new rotors BMW will not honor the extended maintenance due to aftermarket pads. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I would deal with that if and when it happens , I,m in the same boat . If the rotors get warped then put your old pads back on and take the car in to BMW.Unless you do some serious miles and brake really aggressively I'm betting you'll be fine ...............Cheers
Old 08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='653882' date='Aug 25 2008, 09:51 AM
I would deal with that if and when it happens , I,m in the same boat . If the rotors get warped then put your old pads back on and take the car in to BMW.Unless you do some serious miles and brake really aggressively I'm betting you'll be fine ...............Cheers
Cool... I sent Roger @ Modbargains a PM to see if they have pads that will fit my 06 530xiT.