Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Polish for alloy wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530D Reg 18th Sept 2003 (uk launch date) xenons, wood, mirror pack, 17" rims, Hi Fi spkr, Met Black On Order 530D M Sport Auto Silver Grey Visibility & Media Packs Wood & Lumber Support

I know that we have to keep on top of our alloy wheels by washing them regularly but can anyone recommend a treatment for alloy wheels that will help them repel brake dust more easily (preferably something that's available in the uk?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
JDN
Contributors

I use RejeX. Not an absolute cure by any means, but it does protect the wheels and makes cleanup wo soap and just a wheel brush easier.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Members

I use and I am very happy with Wenol. Its from Germany and its very safe to use and the results are always awesome. you can find it at www.autopia-carcare.com
Old 11-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by M_Motorsport' post='195451
I use RejeX. Not an absolute cure by any means, but it does protect the wheels and makes cleanup wo soap and just a wheel brush easier.
Another vote for Rejex. It's a synthetic polymer that's very heat resistant, and very slippery so brake dust has a harder time sticking:
http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

I also use a California mini duster between washings--5 minutes later the wheels are nice and clean:
http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=1021&cid=101
Old 11-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Contributors

http://www.wheelwax.com/

it protects it from brake dust too.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks for the info Amigo. I just ordered a can of WheelWax.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Members

I used Rejex as well and it has made my job easy to clean the wheels everytime i wash. No more scrubbing needed especially if u wash your car regularly.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='195493' date='Nov 8 2005, 06:42 PM
http://www.wheelwax.com/

it protects it from brake dust too.
I've never used Wheel Wax, but it contains carnauba wax, which is a great, high quality wax--and my preferred wax for painted body surfaces. The problem is, carnauba will burn/melt away from the high heat the wheels develop after only a few miles. So, while the product contains a synthetic polymer/sealant (which is--in theory--long lasting), it's mixed with carnauba, which will reduce its effectiveness.

Rejex was developed for the US military, to reduce the amount of turbine exhaust stains on helicopters, and is very long lasting. It is the best product, in my opinion, to minimize brake dust accumulation, bug splats on the windshield, and exhaust tip carbon & yellowing buildup.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hmm...this is a quote from the description of WheelWax:

WheelWax is safe for all factory and aftermarket wheels-- chrome, painted, anodized, polished aluminum or clear coated. WheelWax is actually a polymer and contains no wax which would melt and cause wheels to attract more brake dust.

It says it contains no wax.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Contributors

I dont think wax on the rims will make much difference. I just wash them regularly (once a week with wet sponge). You dont need to wash your entire car to wash your rims right? You can even do it in your garage. This way your rims will look better everytime.

Quick Reply: Polish for alloy wheels?