Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

(Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, I gotta give props to Ivan at Lustr Detail http://www.lustrdetail.com . What everyone said about him is true. He is rated in the top 10 car detailers in the country for a reason.

Here are his results on a 1 stage polish/detail with a mix of some before/afters (you'll see the swirls):

OH YEA P.S. - New m5 rear spoiler. Woot
Attached Thumbnails (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-1.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-2.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-3.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-6.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-7.jpg  

(Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-8.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-9.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-10.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-11.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-12.jpg  

(Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-13.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-14.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-15.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-17.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-18.jpg  

(Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-21.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-22.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-24.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-25.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-27.jpg  

(Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-28.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-29.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-31.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-32.jpg   (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-34.jpg  

(Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job-35.jpg  
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Ever since I joined this forum and even before that when I was just lurking, it seems like your car is always clean and shiny. I wish my jet black can look as clean as yours.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Looking great!
Your car has always been a classic beauty!

Awesome work with the detailing. Now you just have to be EXTREMELY careful with washes etc...

- Antti -
Old 06-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Ever since I joined this forum and even before that when I was just lurking, it seems like your car is always clean and shiny. I wish my jet black can look as clean as yours.
Bud, you have no idea how many of my friends and family make fun of me because of it. They'll come up to my car and accidentally pretend they spilled something on it, or my friend will pass me his car keys if it starts to drizzle outside knowing my car is in the garage. Its pretty funny.

Washes? Doing minimal touchless washes only with air dry. Microfiber towels for sucking up little droplets left behind with no rubbing! Black is murder to keep clean!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Bud, you have no idea how many of my friends and family make fun of me because of it. They'll come up to my car and accidentally pretend they spilled something on it, or my friend will pass me his car keys if it starts to drizzle outside knowing my car is in the garage. Its pretty funny.

Washes? Doing minimal touchless washes only with air dry. Microfiber towels for sucking up little droplets left behind with no rubbing! Black is murder to keep clean!

Who are you telling...this car looks great. Black is the worst but when its clean its so hott.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 PM
New Members

beautiful!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Members

My Ride: e60
Model Year: 2008

that color is unbeatable for the first 5 minutes after a nice detail. after that, its crap. jet black is the devil.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Members

Hey hotwitzer,

Didn't you just have your entire car repainted in the spring? Why did you have so many scratches already? What kind of clear did the body shop use?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

very nice nice and clean. in both ways.
what kind of exhaust is that??
Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by StasGS4
Hey hotwitzer,

Didn't you just have your entire car repainted in the spring? Why did you have so many scratches already? What kind of clear did the body shop use?

Actually I thought he was considering vinyl wrap it but I guess he changed his mind.

Quick Reply: (Photos) Jet Black Summer Shine Job