Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Overspray removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Grey (premium, sport, nav)

I have a slight trace of overspray on my hood. I washed and waxed it but you can still feel the small bumps, which I can't stand. I took it to a detailer and he said the only way to remove it is to get the car clayed and re-waxed. He want's to charge me 200.00 for this process. Any suggestions on how I can do this myself. I know you can buy the clay product and the store, but don't really know if it's hard to apply and effectively do. Would a Wax with a cleaner in it remove the overspray bumps and little specs? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks for reading
Old 08-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by LouDawg' date='Aug 17 2004, 12:25 PM
I have a slight trace of overspray on my hood. I washed and waxed it but you can still feel the small bumps, which I can't stand. I took it to a detailer and he said the only way to remove it is to get the car clayed and re-waxed. He want's to charge me 200.00 for this process. Any suggestions on how I can do this myself. I know you can buy the clay product and the store, but don't really know if it's hard to apply and effectively do. Would a Wax with a cleaner in it remove the overspray bumps and little specs? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks for reading
Get a clay bar and a bottle of Meguiars quick detailer .... spray the detailer on the area or the cla....rub it small 1 in -2 in circles on the paint. until the grime gets off..squish the clay when it gets a little dirty to change to a more "clean" part......

after you do the whole area...... then re-wax.............

claying isnt that hard.. just give your tries and forearms and shoulders a nice workout...

Old 08-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Senior Members

I advise you to take back to the dealer and let them do it for free. It's a manufacturing defect.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Grey (premium, sport, nav)

thanks... clayed and re-waxed and it came out better than when I bought it.. I used the mothers clay bar along with the spray and it was really easy.. I highly suggest this to anyone that has a kinda bumpy feel to your paint..