Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

nubie , zainoed....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sak' post='322198' date='Aug 13 2006, 11:37 AM
welll u need to hv patience to break it in pieces which i lack
it took me alomost 10 hrs to finish
from clay bar to final coat of z2.
but u can do it in pieces
dont hv to do all 4 coats of z2 at once.
do it in this seq
wash with daw soap
clay bar
z6
z5
z6
z2
and thats it if u are tired or hv ppatience
I have patience, it's just that during this time of year, well we can't spend that long unless we have aircon in the garage as well. Maybe when the temp goes below 100 I'll give this a shot
Old 08-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport, Premium, Logic 7, Jet Black, Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, 15% (very dark) Tint, Eichbach Lowering Springs, Red Brake Calipers, Radenergie R-10's, Michelin PilotSport2 in 245/35/20 and 285/30/20, Rolled Fenders, and a nifty Graco Baby Car Seat. Next Up: Xenon fogs, Eisemann Exhaust, iPod Interface, Comfort Seats.

Yes, I used Menzerna IP (intensive polish) and FP (final polish), then 3 coats of FMJ (full molecular jacket). I like Menzerna's line better than Zaino- less plasticky, looks more warm like a Carnauba. Plus, it feels more wet/ slick, and sheds fingerprints more easily than Zaino.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Members

I use all zaino brand car product religously. I find they by far beat anything else out there for shine and lasting finish. I have not heard of Menzerna products though. (thus the reason I frequent forums) I am not close minded nor do I own any part of Zaino so I will look into it. All I know is that Zaino is an ongoing process that deepens the gloss and shine everytime another coat is applied (after 24hours). It beats anything you can get at the huge department stores hands down.... I estimate I have used Zaino Brothers products to the tune of $800.00 for the past three years not only on my cars but on My neighbors cars, Freinds and relitives. Yes Im obsessed but there is nothing better than turning someones turtle wax car into something they have never seen.
I recently traded my 2003 Murano (so no more Murano.org and freshalloy.com except to keep tabs on the
M45) in for a 2007 550i. I had 83K miles on my Mo and interior and exterior looked better than the new ones at the local nissan dealer. It was black and as stated earlier in this thread nothing looks better than a polished black car. Although nothing is harder to keep looking nice than black but I was able to get rid of all swirl and spider marks on the Murano and was able to only have three very small door dings.

I will do a search on Menzerna and I may switch but I will let you know if I purchase it and my review of it..