Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

the nerve of people!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005 | 07:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

hello all.... im always careful where i park especially at the hospital... so as i had a 13 hour hard day in the e.r I always inspect my car upon entering... this time today i noticed a lot of scratches on the rear trunk on top where the rear spoiler should be.. anyways someone placed a bag of some sort on top of the trunk and dragged it off and left multi directional scratches it looks like it didnt get past the clear coat but it is hella noticable... i need to ask you guys what would be the best way to remedy this problem ... the best swirl/scratch removal to apply... thank you in advance.. eric d
Old 10-06-2005 | 09:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh man that sucks!!! I think Meguiar's Scratch X works pretty good... that might be an option... wait and see waht other people say.

P.S. where did you park so I can make sure I wont park there!
Old 10-06-2005 | 09:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Oct 7 2005, 04:37 AM
hello all.... im always careful where i park especially at the hospital... so as i had a 13 hour hard day in the e.r? I always inspect my car upon entering... this time today i noticed? a lot of scratches on the rear trunk? on top where the rear spoiler should be.. anyways someone? placed a bag of some sort on top of the trunk and dragged it off and left multi directional scratches? it looks like it didnt get past the clear coat but it is hella noticable... i need to ask you guys what would be the best way to remedy this problem ... the best swirl/scratch removal? to apply... thank you in advance.. eric d
[snapback]180671[/snapback]
In the UK Autogylm have different grades of scratch removal polish I suggest using the lightest one or alternatively T Cut but beware BMW paint is SOFT
Old 10-07-2005 | 12:34 AM
Senior Members

I used Meguiar's Scratch-X to get rid of some pretty bad scratches as per the pics below. You can see the difference between pics 2 and 3 which are before & after (not sure if they will appear in the correcr order, but it should be easy to differentiate).

& this scratch was caused by a metal object that fell onto my bumper. :'(

But use it carefully. Look at Meguiars website for tips on how to best use Scratch-X.
Attached Thumbnails the nerve of people!!!!-after_copy.jpg   the nerve of people!!!!-before_copy.jpg   the nerve of people!!!!-scratch.jpg  
Old 10-07-2005 | 06:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

F'in ppl ! Sometimes ppl are just not paying attention or they just dont care...especially when they see an expensive car next to them. Anyway to charge the car's body to 200,000 volts so that if anyone touches your car..they are in for a surprise...
Old 10-07-2005 | 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

eric im by the traffic circle.... im sure you know where thats at..anyway...thanx guys for the info i will try it today... funny i guess i was overly dramatic when i explaine to my wife about the scratch... and so i asked her if i can get a rear spoiler to cover up the deepest scratches. which where the trunk lid curves upward.... so" bank of my wife"approved a loan to buy a spoiler... anyways.. this morning i was taking here to work @ the memorial hosp... ans she siad ..."wheres the scratch?" and i pointed it out to here ... and she just laughed..." i thought it was big?".... haha... for me its big... anyways going to buy some stuff soon ... see yah guys and thanks again... eric d
Old 10-07-2005 | 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Oct 7 2005, 09:00 AM
eric im by the traffic circle.... im sure you know where thats at..anyway...thanx guys for the info i will try it today... funny i guess i was overly dramatic when i explaine to my wife about the scratch... and so i asked her if i can get a rear spoiler to cover up the deepest scratches. which where the? trunk lid curves upward.... so" bank of my wife"approved? a loan to buy a spoiler... anyways.. this morning i was taking here to work @ the memorial hosp... ans she siad ..."wheres the scratch?" and i pointed it out to here ... and she just laughed..." i thought it was big?".... haha... for me its big... anyways going to buy some stuff soon ... see yah guys and thanks again... eric d
[snapback]180918[/snapback]

OH! Ok I'll stay away from the ROUND ABOUT hahaha I like the Europe term more... and Plus theres a sign that says "round about" not traffic circle...

Oh I'm there a lot of the times... either eating at El Celantro (sp) or Green Fields

So did you get some of that scratch x stuff from Meguiars on the south east side of the round about?
Old 10-07-2005 | 06:59 PM
Contributors

i did get some scratch x and it worked great ,,, cant even tell its there...el celantro i alwys order and have it delivered to our e.r...i love the round about... i used to rip around it with the supra... but we sure do get alot of accidents from that circle.. anyways take car and thanks again... ericd
Old 10-07-2005 | 08:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Oct 7 2005, 07:59 PM
i did get some scratch x and it worked great ,,, cant even tell its there...
[snapback]181152[/snapback]

Awesome! Glad it came off... so about the rear spoiler... still going on?
Old 10-08-2005 | 08:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG
Unhappy

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 8 2005, 12:33 AM
[quote name='ericdbs' date='Oct 7 2005, 07:59 PM']i did get some scratch x and it worked great ,,, cant even tell its there...
[snapback]181152[/snapback]

Awesome! Glad it came off... so about the rear spoiler... still going on?
[snapback]181174[/snapback]
[/quote]

Boy that must stink to have to ask your wife if you can get a rear spoiler, whos car is it, yours or hers?

Quick Reply: the nerve of people!!!!