Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Need some expert advice concerning holograms...

Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long story short, my car was ordered with the wrong spoiler. When I noticed upon delivery, the dealership agreed to repair it for free. Unfortunately, that meant repainting the trunk lid. The body shop did an awful job with the finishing work, leaving buffer swirls over the entire rear end. I took it to a local detailer to have the full works performed last week (clay bar, polish, hand wax) and the car looked remarkable upon delivery. Now, one week later, holograms have appeared over the entire surface of the vehicle. I returned to the detailer (whom has been in business 15+ years and services several local car dealerships...thus I tend to believe him) and he says the problem must have been created by the body shop which replaced the spoiler in attempt to remove/disguise overspray, and eventually hidden with a glaze? He also stated that he used an orbital which would not cause holograms. Now that he has done the job properly, their poor work is exposed. My question is if this damage can be repaired now? I made a second appointment with him for next week, but he didn't have the utmost confidence that he would be able to get the holograms out. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good detailer with a Flex or PC machine and good understanding of his polishes he uses he should have no problem correcting the paint.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 Audi RS6/2002 Porsche 911 Turbo/2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Originally Posted by JDoug550' post='631478' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:59 AM
Long story short, my car was ordered with the wrong spoiler. When I noticed upon delivery, the dealership agreed to repair it for free. Unfortunately, that meant repainting the trunk lid. The body shop did an awful job with the finishing work, leaving buffer swirls over the entire rear end. I took it to a local detailer to have the full works performed last week (clay bar, polish, hand wax) and the car looked remarkable upon delivery. Now, one week later, holograms have appeared over the entire surface of the vehicle. I returned to the detailer (whom has been in business 15+ years and services several local car dealerships...thus I tend to believe him) and he says the problem must have been created by the body shop which replaced the spoiler in attempt to remove/disguise overspray, and eventually hidden with a glaze? He also stated that he used an orbital which would not cause holograms. Now that he has done the job properly, their poor work is exposed. My question is if this damage can be repaired now? I made a second appointment with him for next week, but he didn't have the utmost confidence that he would be able to get the holograms out. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
I would bet he used a glaze you should ask him what products he used before you go back.