Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Monaco Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I am thinking of getting a Monaco Blue 650i for my next car. I have had Jet Black in the past and know what it takes to keep it looking good. I have Silver now which is easy to maintain but I like the 6 series in the darker colors, so I have two questions for anyone with Monaco Blue.

What is the upkeep like compared to Jet Black?

Does anyone think that having a Metallic dark color is at all easier to maintain that a Non Metallic dark color?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535XI, Barbera Red with beige leather, Navigation, premium package, cold weather package, 18 inch wheels, 2007 530XI, Monaco Blue with Auburn leather , Navigation, Logic 7, premium package, cold weather package, M-Aero kit, Rear Spoiler, 18 inch 135m style wheels, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3's, AngeliBrights. 2008 650i convertible Titaniun Silver Chateau pearl leather,Gray top, cold weather package, Logic 7 premium sound, comfort access.

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='322459' date='Aug 14 2006, 11:14 AM
I am thinking of getting a Monaco Blue 650i for my next car. I have had Jet Black in the past and know what it takes to keep it looking good. I have Silver now which is easy to maintain but I like the 6 series in the darker colors, so I have two questions for anyone with Monaco Blue.

What is the upkeep like compared to Jet Black?

Does anyone think that having a Metallic dark color is at all easier to maintain that a Non Metallic dark color?

Thanks!
I have a Monaco blue 530XI and I feel it's worth the little extra work! I also have a black Tacoma pickup and a dark green Lexus SC430 and thay are all about the same. The Monaco blue doesn't show swirl marks like the black so it always looks better when they are both completely detailed. Go with the monaco blue.....you'll love it!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beemerdreamer' post='322479' date='Aug 14 2006, 12:30 PM
I have a Monaco blue 530XI and I feel it's worth the little extra work! I also have a black Tacoma pickup and a dark green Lexus SC430 and thay are all about the same. The Monaco blue doesn't show swirl marks like the black so it always looks better when they are both completely detailed. Go with the monaco blue.....you'll love it!
I like the color. It does show scratches (like black) in certain light. When the sun is shining on the car, most people think that it is black.

Beautiful color, and not everyone has it.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Thanks for the input. I am definately leaning towards the Monaco Blue. I hardly ever see that color around.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='322562' date='Aug 14 2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the input. I am definately leaning towards the Monaco Blue. I hardly ever see that color around.
Had a 2000 Cosmos Black 540 and a Jet Black GS430....

Monaco Blue is a bit easier to maintain than Cosmos Black and a LOT easier than Jet Black. It does get dirty VERY fast - but shows scratches and whatnot much less than Jet Black. I think it is a great color but it does take more work than a silver or silver gray. My wife's green/gray MDX is much easier to maintain as well.

Some guy in the neighborhood has one (a 650 in Monaco Blue) and it is stunning. I'm biased of course.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 630i, H&R Springs, PSS9 coming, H&R ARBs, Sprint Booster, Eisenmann Quad, HAMANN Pedals, M6 Rims/Advan Sports...

I have the E63 in MONACO Blue.. its the best colour for the 6er...when its dark..it looks like Black, and during the day.. the colour impose a rather devilish sporty look on the car..
I choose this colour anyday....!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 AM
SRV
Members

I have a Monico Blue 550 and I get great comments about its color from others. I just get it washed every 6 days and there ar no issues. It just looks great!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Contributors

Thanks for all the input. I had a feeling it would be a little easier than Jet Black.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Nutty Professor' post='322691' date='Aug 15 2006, 01:26 AM
I have the E63 in MONACO Blue.. its the best colour for the 6er...when its dark..it looks like Black, and during the day.. the colour impose a rather devilish sporty look on the car..
I choose this colour anyday....!!!

Nutty Professor, what color is the interior of your 630i? I saw two Monaco Blue at my dealer, one had Cream Beige, the other had Black. I thought both looked really good. The Cream beige with the Monaco Blue is sharp because the interior really stands out, sort of had a nautical theme. I tend to prefer dark interiors so I will prob go with black and ruthenium trim.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Members

I have monaco blue and black inside.

If you ask me, choose a metalic monako blue (it loks like a black) and beiege interior or any of light colours. I think the dark interior makes even hotter in the car. just my opinion!

If I could and I will change I would take monaco blue metalic an interior light yellow leather combined with microfiber (alcantara)

Quick Reply: Monaco Blue