Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Meguiar's NXT or Gold Class

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

I haven't washed my own car since highschool...been using drive thrus. But since I'll be getting my 550 in 3 weeks or so, I figured I better start figuring out which products and accessories I'll need. I know there are strong opinions as to which brand and type of wax, etc. I sorta just picked Meguiars cuz my neighbor uses it and his 330 always looks good. They have a kit that comes complete with washing brushes and cloths, etc. They have a NXT line and a Gold Class line. Which should I go with? I can't believe there are so many different types of cleaners, wax, polish, clay, conditioner. Which ones do I really need or want to get? Please help!!!
Arthur
BTW the car will be garaged at night only and in the Florida sun otherwise.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by almd' post='201206' date='Nov 20 2005, 08:08 PM
I haven't washed my own car since highschool...been using drive thrus. But since I'll be getting my 550 in 3 weeks or so, I figured I better start figuring out which products and accessories I'll need. I know there are strong opinions as to which brand and type of wax, etc. I sorta just picked Meguiars cuz my neighbor uses it and his 330 always looks good. They have a kit that comes complete with washing brushes and cloths, etc. They have a NXT line and a Gold Class line. Which should I go with? I can't believe there are so many different types of cleaners, wax, polish, clay, conditioner. Which ones do I really need or want to get? Please help!!!
Arthur
Arthur,

I have used both the Gold Class and the NXT. The Gold Class I used on my 1995 Trans AM in black and it really sparkled. I rec'd many comments on how many coates of wax, what type, etc. For my wife's car, the 545, I have used the NXT about 5 times and really like it. Easy to put on, easy off and shines great. Since her car is similiar in color to yours, Titanium Gray vs. Silver Gray, I would go with the NXT. I just put a light coat of Griot's Show Car Wax on my 550i, which is black. IT is a Carnuba based wax and is great for protection and shine, but a real biatch to get off cleanly. To me, Carnuba is greasy.

So, for ease of use and best protection, I would use NXT. You can go to the Meguiars web site and get a personal RX for your car, based on the answers you give. My RX came back, NXT.

Good Luck and congrats on your new car!!!

Regards, Mike.

BTW, Here is a shot of the T/A. This was taken in August 2005. You can see the Gold Class in action.

Meguiar's NXT or Gold Class-dsc01132.jpg
Old 11-21-2005, 04:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

Originally Posted by mehall2' post='201290
Arthur
Arthur,

I have used both the Gold Class and the NXT. The Gold Class I used on my 1995 Trans AM in black and it really sparkled. I rec'd many comments on how many coates of wax, what type, etc. For my wife's car, the 545, I have used the NXT about 5 times and really like it. Easy to put on, easy off and shines great. Since her car is similiar in color to yours, Titanium Gray vs. Silver Gray, I would go with the NXT. I just put a light coat of Griot's Show Car Wax on my 550i, which is black. IT is a Carnuba based wax and is great for protection and shine, but a real biatch to get off cleanly. To me, Carnuba is greasy.

So, for ease of use and best protection, I would use NXT. You can go to the Meguiars web site and get a personal RX for your car, based on the answers you give. My RX came back, NXT.

Good Luck and congrats on your new car!!!

Regards, Mike.

BTW, Here is a shot of the T/A. This was taken in August 2005. You can see the Gold Class in action.

Attachment 12790
[/quote]
Cool. Thanks for the help. I can't believe thats a 11 year old paint job.
ARthur
Old 11-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Detailing products are like colors--everybody has their favorites. Here's a post with mine:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12283&hl=
Old 11-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

I have used the Gold class range for a while now, and am really happy with the results. You can see lots of pics in my gallery showing the shine.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

out of those 2 i would go for the gold class.
if you have a harley davidson dealer near you go pick up a tub of "S100" ... awesome stuff.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Other then the stuff is use from Topoftheline I only use Meguires.. The NXT stuff is pretty good but personally I love Gold Glass Paste Wax... But theres one more that I like even better its Trade Secrets Carnauba Wax.
http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/...e_1870_19582812
from my personal experience this is better then all products out there Zaino, Zymol, Meguires, S100 all of them..
you can get get it at www.topoftheline.com they have all your detailing needs... only down side to that wax its $36 for an 8oz container.. but its WELL worth it..