Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

To Lomag....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 07:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Oct 1 2004, 03:21 PM
I have no trouble keeping mystic blue clean ... I've only washed/waxed my car I think 3 times since getting it in February with a weekly Zaino Z6 wipe down and weekly or bi-weekly rim cleaning. Infact, I just finished doing that right now.

Depends on you .. the brighter colors definitly stand out. The beige interior would go well with either blue or gray so the choice is yours!
[snapback]40205[/snapback]
Lomag, sorry I hi-jacked your comments from the E60 discussion forum but I thought my question was more in line with detailing and belonged here.

So, the question is, can you describe how you go about keeping the mystic blue clean with just the Z6? I also have mystic blue and I feel it gets dirty pretty easy. I've Zaino'ed it as well and have the Z6 which seems to work well enough but sometimes there is quite a bit of dirt on the car (especially after a rain) and just putting Z6 on it doesn't seem right/enough (I'm worried I'll scratch the clear-coat).

Can you shed some insights into what you do to keep yours "clean", please? I'm interested in the method and what towels you use, etc.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even with my TiSilver, I wipe my car before and after taking it out, especially the rims.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hey,

I do the usual Zaino stuff. I have several coats of Z5 on it and just wipe down once in a while. After comming in from the rain you could wipe it down with a large microfiber drying towel. I used to do that but not anymore. I dont know if it scratches the clearcoat but I don't have any troubles with it.

Occasionally it gets much too dirty then a wash is definitly in order versus a wipe down.

It's a function of the weather too.. it hasn't rained all too much around here and usually when it does the car stays in the garage. It really does depend on so many things but I find keeping the car clean pretty easy compared to my old car which I drove in similiar conditions, etc...