Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Leather

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Expected delivery on 15 Jan 2007 525I Olivian Green, Beige Interior, PP, CWP, PDC, SP, Rear shades,heated rear seats, Ipod fitted, Nav, Oem Rims 166, Xenon Lights, Wood grain package, illuminated door sills

I have a serious question, now. Those of use that have the Beige interior, what do you guys use to get ride of the color changes that gets on the seats from your clothes. I wear alot of jeans so the color is blue and it rubs off with my hand but what do you guys use to clean the seats. I have towels down now that we sit onover the majority of the seat, but with the comfort seats once you extend the front thigh support then the jeans seem to bleed on the seat. So any advice you guys have is much appreciated.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by vafinest25' post='384937' date='Jan 29 2007, 06:40 PM
I have a serious question, now. Those of use that have the Beige interior, what do you guys use to get ride of the color changes that gets on the seats from your clothes. I wear alot of jeans so the color is blue and it rubs off with my hand but what do you guys use to clean the seats. I have towels down now that we sit onover the majority of the seat, but with the comfort seats once you extend the front thigh support then the jeans seem to bleed on the seat. So any advice you guys have is much appreciated.
BMW Leather Cleaner & Conditioner...
I think it is made by Meguiar's...
Many people use the AutoGlym cleaner (spray) and their conditioner and find it great...

You just want to make sure you use a product that doesn't make your leather shiny.
Also, buff it really well for the matt finish...
Old 01-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Contributors

I used Griot's Interior Cleaner to remove blueing from my 501's.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by E1142860' post='385071' date='Jan 30 2007, 12:03 AM
I used Griot's Interior Cleaner to remove blueing from my 501's.
One of the tricks is to remove such stains early and if it's a persistent problem you will need to clean the leather more than usual.
Perhaps, carry some good quality leather wipes with you.
Also, jeans bleed colour most when they are new so perhaps wash them a few times before you wear them.
The other thing that can stain beige leather badly is dark leather jackets (especially when new).
Old 01-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Yup, I had the same experience with my Beige interior when it was new ... blue jeans left a stain. But after a while that stopped happening.

I use Zaino's Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner and Z-10 Leather in a Bottle. They keep the seats clean, soft, and smellin' good.