Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I now have 4 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze on my 550. I keep adding a coat every time I wash the car. At some point I will stop and start layering a pure carnuba wax such as Pinnacle Souveran to increase the depth. Having trouble with moderation. I'm afraid there is no cure.

Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i-img_1489_1.jpg

Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i-img_1498_1.jpg

Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i-img_1499_1.jpg

Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i-img_1488_1.jpg

Sorry about the post duplication. I'm still learning how to post pictures, etc.
Attached Thumbnails Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i-img_1498_1.jpg  
Old 12-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by darkside' post='212292' date='Dec 16 2005, 07:30 PM
I now have 4 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze on my 550. I keep adding a coat every time I wash the car. At some point I will stop and start layering a pure carnuba wax such as Pinnacle Souveran to increase the depth. Having trouble with moderation. I'm afraid there is no cure

Sorry about the post duplication. I'm still learning how to post pictures, etc.
I like your car very much, but I think you need some sunlight on the car for us to see the effects of the glaze.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

But wont the first layer become weak and then break down and then you'll lose the top layers along with it?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

You may be getting satisfaction out of all this labor of love, but your body shop guy will curse you if and when you ever need body repair!

Keep up the good work.

Ray Hull
Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Senior Members

Since buying the car in june i have appplied around 6 coats of Turtle Wax premium, 10 coats of zymol and 3 coats of meguiers nxt spray stuff.

Yet i still have swirl marks and the shine dissapears after approximately 1 week after waxing. (even if washed it still doesnt look 'quite right')

Ive now taken to washing the car every weekend and waxing or using that meguiers spray nxt stuff.

I keep thinking i should clay the car and remove all the wax ive put on then restart again....
Old 12-17-2005, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='212423' date='Dec 17 2005, 04:35 AM
Since buying the car in june i have appplied around 6 coats of Turtle Wax premium, 10 coats of zymol and 3 coats of meguiers nxt spray stuff.

Yet i still have swirl marks and the shine dissapears after approximately 1 week after waxing. (even if washed it still doesnt look 'quite right')

Ive now taken to washing the car every weekend and waxing or using that meguiers spray nxt stuff.

I keep thinking i should clay the car and remove all the wax ive put on then restart again....
My previous car was a Jet Black M3 and that is where I really learned to detail. Silver is a breeze. I'd recommend visiting autopia.org and go to the educational areas and learn about using a Porter Cable dual action polisher. You will need polishing pads as well as finishing pads. If you were to go over your car with Klasse All IN One it will remove the wax. Using a clay bar will also remove wax. Then you need to polish to get out the swirls. I ended up polishing ever few months, or after a dealership wash when they did so by mistake. Poorboys has some great products, and I found their 2.5 polish aggressive enough to get the job done, but also able to go directly to wax or sealant. Another great polish is Meguiar's Speed Glaze. I believe the Turtle wax you are using is a cleaner wax which means that each application removes the previous. You need a pure carnuba to layer. Examples would be Pinncale Souveran Paste Wax or P21S. My favorite detailing products would include Klasse AIO, Meguiar's Speed Glaze, and Pinnacle SOuveran Wax. Look at Pakshak.com to get great microfibers and many of the products above. You can make the carbon black look "better than on the showroom floor" as often as you want but it is a bit of work. If I had a garage I might still have a black car. If you purchase from Pakshak indicate that you are an "autopian" and you get a hefty discount.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Contributors

I applaud the effort, but don't think the fruit of your labor can be seen with titanium silver. I have titanium silver myself and don't see the point of topping off the SG with something like P21S.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='212713' date='Dec 18 2005, 12:18 AM
I applaud the effort, but don't think the fruit of your labor can be seen with titanium silver. I have titanium silver myself and don't see the point of topping off the SG with something like P21S.
Ya same here.. the onyl colors you can really appreciate that is darker colors or white and red and blues.. but silvers and light grey are more maintnece free so thats why its not its not as spectacular compared to other colors.. but ur car looks clean! I cleaned mine today in 30 degree weather what a pain.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='212724
Ya same here.. the onyl colors you can really appreciate that is darker colors or white and red and blues.. but silvers and light grey are more maintnece free so thats why its not its not as spectacular compared to other colors.. but ur car looks clean! I cleaned mine today in 30 degree weather what a pain.
[/quote]
I agree about the diminishing returns of effort on silver. The reason I have silver now is the impossibility of keeping black pristine. And the reason I am using Klasse is I just want to protect the paint. As far as washing in cold weather, have you tried Protectal's Quick and Easy Wash. It is my standard wash as of the last 2 years and there is no rinse. Makes washing the car about half as difficult, much easier to dry. I can dry using one large waffle weave microfiber for the entire car sans the rims. And it causes no more damage to the paint than a convential car wash soap. See protectal.com.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='212713' date='Dec 18 2005, 12:18 AM
You may not see it in a photograph but I can see it. The Klasse really enhances the reflections significantly. When, and if, I start layering a carnuba, it will be to enhance depth. I really kind of enjoy the process, and also have a red and dark blue car to detail. Hell, last winter I detailed my Kubota tractor and John Deere lawn mower just to practice using my new Makita rotary buffer.

Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i-102_0260.jpg

Quick Reply: Klasse SG (sealant) x 4 on new 550i