Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Just washed and clean wheels & everything.. Quick wax?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Hi guys,

I have washed car today .. I am not much into Detailing so far.. So I dont have any products offhand.. except some I bought from walmart.

I washed car with AllArmor car wash, then cleaned wheels with Mequiars hotwheels spray, used mitt ... used microfiber cloth to wipe all left over water on wheels and car. (Damn all energy gone!!)

Just now finished all windows w/ windex, both from inside and outside.

Now, Is there something simpler I can just buy from walmart to give it a final touch? like Mequiars wax or some wax spray?

Eventually I will buy Ziano allione product, clay bar etc etc.. BUT for now since I spent soo much time on cleaning want to have some kinda wax on it for protection. right now car is in Garage, so tomm plan on wiping dust off w/ California duster and then apply/spray some kinda wax.. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

before i started using the meguiars nxt spray wax after i wash my car, i was using eagleone "wax as you dry" and the nanowax spray, just to have something. it gave the car a smooth feel, but i dont know about protection when compared to things like nxt or zaino.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='436515' date='Jun 16 2007, 08:41 PM
before i started using the meguiars nxt spray wax after i wash my car, i was using eagleone "wax as you dry" and the nanowax spray, just to have something. it gave the car a smooth feel, but i dont know about protection when compared to things like nxt or zaino.
ohh.. So I can just spray the Meguiars NXT spray tomm? hopefully walmart carries it
Old 06-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='436536' date='Jun 16 2007, 08:38 PM
ohh.. So I can just spray the Meguiars NXT spray tomm? hopefully walmart carries it
you can. i mentioned it somewhere before, that when i used eagleone and the car sat in the garage, dust would be on the car the next day. when i used nxt, even after a week of sitting in the garage there was no dust to be found on my car. also, whenever i waxed my car, i always did it right after drying it after a wash.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

ya probably mine would have Dust too tomm.. so i will use California duster (saved couple car washes already, must-have!!) to wipe the dust and then spray this thing.. Thanks for quick reply

I was thinking of buying BMW OEM cleaners next week, they have some decent prices.. w/ BMW CCA discount should be even better..

Original BMW Express Wax 16.91 fl. oz. MSRP $8.20
Original BMW High Performance Hard Wax with Nano-Technology 16.91 fl. oz. MSRP $26.00

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemView.asp...p;productId=117
Old 06-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Hahahaha! Wait until you start detailing. What you did today is 1/8 of the process of what I do to keep my car clean. You're in for a rude awakening my man.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='436540' date='Jun 16 2007, 10:48 PM
Hahahaha! Wait until you start detailing. What you did today is 1/8 of the process of what I do to keep my car clean. You're in for a rude awakening my man.

I knew you were gonna say that here.. Damn!! Ppl must be super fit to apply some 6 layers of coat and diff products lol.. Hopefully u will teach me a-z process once then I will be all set

Good thing I decided to clean in front of house rather than at self car wash place.. If I fainted, none would have picked me up
Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Senior Members

Finally this is what I ended up doing:

Saturday - Wash car w/ allArmor liquid and a sponge (all energy done lol)

Sunday - Clean with a cloth + California car duster + Meguairs Tech NXT Wax paste

After 1hour or leaving it alone, wipe off with a new cloth

After 2hours, use Meguiars Tech NXT Wax Spray .. and leave it on for about 40mins, then buff it with new cloth.

I would say I am happy w/ the results.
Attached Thumbnails Just washed and clean wheels & everything.. Quick wax?-car_009.jpg   Just washed and clean wheels & everything.. Quick wax?-car_010.jpg   Just washed and clean wheels & everything.. Quick wax?-car_011.jpg   Just washed and clean wheels & everything.. Quick wax?-car_012.jpg  
Old 06-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Next time you do it, try Rejex. Put it on once...have a nice shine and easy cleanup for six months...then put it on again. A no-brainer if you don't want to go the whole multi-step detail route. Leaves more time for actually driving the car.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Or just do what I did on Saturday morning and spend 6 hours detailing the car with your Orbital and Zainoing the SH*T out of your car. Threw 4 layers on there, but the car looks sick...once again. I need to find someone to do this for me moving forward. Any takers? I'll pay.

Quick Reply: Just washed and clean wheels & everything.. Quick wax?