Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Just Rejexed my Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to Autozone today to pick up a bottle. I have to get rid of the swirl marks first though.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I just Rejex'ed my 530i (black) today, based on all the recommendations here. Thanks guys...

My comments:
  • I used more than others, it seems. I think I used about 1/3 of my 16 oz bottle, probably due to the fact that the cloth I used to apply the Rejex was very absorbent and 'ate' a lot to get to the point where it would apply nice and evenly.
  • The haze does not easily come off. Not as hard as wax, but I still had to lean in on the cloth to get all the haze up. I left the haze for about 30 mins; that could be why?
  • My overall shine was not any better than my original shine, but I had purchased a paint sealant treatment from my dealer at delivery. I would say the Rejex fully 'restored' that look. I like that.
I'm in my 12 hour bonding period now. Perhaps it will look better when back out in the sun - or perhaps I was expecting miracles? Still - if it protects my car from stains and bugs, its worth it.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:25 PM
JDN
Contributors

You may have spread too much based on my experience. 'Course my car isn't black.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Contributors

I bought mine online (there's a link somewhere on the forum, so just do a search). I bought two bottles. It was really worth the time. I'm about to do a 2nd application now that it's been a couple of months.

Even my wife noticed how shiny my car was. I fell out of my chair, and barely recovered. She wouldn't noticed the month old french fries in her car (a result of 3 and 6 year olds).

My testimony is this. If my wife noticed how amazing the car is, then imagine what you'll think!

james
Old 04-09-2005, 08:21 PM
JDN
Contributors

James, my second coat seems to have set up harder, slicker and shinier than the first. From the looks of things, I may never need a third.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Apr 9 2005, 11:21 PM
James, my second coat seems to have set up harder, slicker and shinier than the first. From the looks of things, I may never need a third.?
[snapback]113535[/snapback]
Hey JDN,

I just finished Rejexing my 124's (and my wifes summer wheels as well). That stuff really shines! I bought that stuff last year to protect the graphics on my box truck. I never really had a chance to do my E60. I can't wait until I can find the time to do the exterior! The wheels came out awesome. Now I just need to stay away from those yellow thingy's that you ran over.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:28 PM
JDN
Contributors

Ah, the "insinuators." Memorable to say the least. Rejex didn't help, but the runflats did.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Senior Members

Sounds like this stuff is good.
For comparison, how does Rejex compare with Meguiars products, say their Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax ? I found this to be a very good product indeed.
Coupled with their Scratch X swirl mark remover, gives a very good finish indeed.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I couldn't get Meguiars Scratch-X to completely remove my swirls.... is it something I need to repeat a few times to get fully to work?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hey whats the process to applying RejeX when you already have existing WAX on your car? Do I need to use Dawn dishwashing detergent to get rid of all the wax first? or can I just RejeX over it?

Quick Reply: Just Rejexed my Car