Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Just Rejexed my Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)
Wink

After weeks of foul weather in the UK we finally had a break and I had a chance to try out the bottle of Rejex that had been sitting in my garage.

!!! WOW !!! What a product - the car looks brand new. Far better than any wax I have used in he past and with relatively little effort. What absolutely stunned me though was that it appears to have masked the minor swirl marks that I have accumulated.

Here are my thoughts ....

The Good - Fantastic glassy finish. No harder to apply than any other wax. Deep shine.

The Bad - To be able to swing the time to do this I had to also wash / wax wy wife's car (I Rejexed that too with great effect!). Now I am absolutley "Cream-Crackered"

The Ugly - The super shine now draws my attention to a minor ding on the drivers door (Bloody Legoland!). it looks like I'll have to fork out for a visit from Dentmaster.

In short, if you have not tried this then give it a go. You will not be dissapointed.

Hoping the shine will last - I will not be doing this again for a long while.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

have you put some on your wheels and windows? i put them on my wheels and love it. but wouldn't do it again on windows.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:39 PM
JDN
Contributors

Add Marty to the RejeX fanatic list. Way to go, Marty.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Would you mind post the before and after pictures of your car ? I'm eager to see the result of rejex wax..
Old 03-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Mar 19 2005, 11:44 PM
have you put some on your wheels and windows?? i put them on my wheels and love it.? but wouldn't do it again on windows.
[snapback]103883[/snapback]
I have done paint and windows - I ran out of time for the wheels but I may do that this morning.

What problems did you have with the windows ?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 20 2005, 12:58 AM
Would you mind post the before and after pictures of your car ? I'm eager to see the result of rejex wax..
[snapback]103903[/snapback]
Sorry but my digital camera is worth s**t and would not do it justice.

Take my word for it - the results are impressive. I have Titanium Grey (which I Love) and this really brings out the depth of colour.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:36 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Mar 20 2005, 02:34 AM
What problems did you have with the windows ?
[snapback]104017[/snapback]
Marty, I put RejeX on my windshield wo problems. I have been a Rain-X user for years. No more. The RejeX went on seamlessly. I did not have the problem of removing the haze that is associated with Rain-X.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Mar 19 2005, 11:03 PM
In short, if you have not tried this then give it a go. You will not be dissapointed.
[snapback]103840[/snapback]
Where, in the UK, can you get it from? Is it a Halfrauds job?

Andy
Old 03-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

The problem with Rain-X is that it wears off over time..... and when it does, it starts to turn into a gummy coating which makes the wiperblades skip and chatter.

This sticky film is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I have yet to find a chemical that could remove the old Rain-X from the windshiled of my old car. After some time, it eventually improved.... but it took forever.

While the effect of freshly applied Rain-X is certainly impressive, the long-term consequences are not good. You will have to constantly re-apply the chemical or else you'll go through wiperblades faster than you can believe.

I have no experience with Rejex, but my suspicion is that it will behave in a similar fashion.

Personally, I have decided that on my new BMW, no such chemical will ever be used on my glass. Only glass cleaner, and newpaper on the outside. Glass cleaner, non-ammonia and microfiber cloth on the inside.

The drawback is that when it REALLY starts to rain hard, as happens every day during the summer in Orlando.... my wipers cannot move fast enough to give full visibility on the highway.

But, since I have Active Cruise.... this isn't as important now.... The car can see what's on the road ahead even when I can't
Old 03-20-2005, 05:08 AM
JDN
Contributors

I guess the reason I have never experienced anything like you described with Rain-X is because I keep the windshield treated. Wipers are a last resort for me.

Quick Reply: Just Rejexed my Car