Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Its Almost That Time

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im planning to clay and wax my car in the next month or two.....want to use Zaino products but not sure which products to purchase.....i have a jet black car with swirl marks that i want to get rid of as much as i can and i want a very nice finish to the car afterwards......i need some advise on which products to purchase from those of you who have already used Zaino on your car
Old 02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525i

Originally Posted by Black525i' post='396564' date='Feb 28 2007, 06:53 AM
im planning to clay and wax my car in the next month or two.....want to use Zaino products but not sure which products to purchase.....i have a jet black car with swirl marks that i want to get rid of as much as i can and i want a very nice finish to the car afterwards......i need some advise on which products to purchase from those of you who have already used Zaino on your car
i have not used it yet, but placed an order via my friend in us. i have studied the instructions and made this list for myself:
1. wash your car with a usual fluid which you use for hand wash of you dishes (only once before applying zaino for the first time). it will wash away the old wax etc.
2. for swirl remove - use z-5 pro (with zfx activator) OR do the test described in www.zainostore.com and use Z-18 first. if you decide z-5 is ok for you and not z-18, then use z-6 right after z-5
3. use z-2 (with zfx activator) for the second layer, when done z-2 use z-6 on top again.
4. z-cs and/or z-8
Old 02-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Contributors

I have Jet Black also and the only way to remove swirls is to machine polish them out. Zaino's ZPC works well with a Porter Cable random orbital machine ... although the clear coat on our BMWs is sort of hard and it takes some work to get the harshest swirls out.

Z-5 Pro is an outstanding protectant that helps mask swirls some, but you still need to prep the surface ahead of it.

Here's the process I would recommend:

Wash
clay bar
wash
Zaino ZPC to remove swirls (with a medium cut pad if swirls are bad)
Zaino All-In-One to clean, final polish and protect (with a final polish pad)
Zaino Z-5 Pro
Zaino Clear Seal

It's a ton of work but you will love the results ... good luck.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='396842' date='Feb 28 2007, 02:06 PM
I have Jet Black also and the only way to remove swirls is to machine polish them out. Zaino's ZPC works well with a Porter Cable random orbital machine ... although the clear coat on our BMWs is sort of hard and it takes some work to get the harshest swirls out.

Z-5 Pro is an outstanding protectant that helps mask swirls some, but you still need to prep the surface ahead of it.

Here's the process I would recommend:

Wash
clay bar
wash
Zaino ZPC to remove swirls (with a medium cut pad if swirls are bad)
Zaino All-In-One to clean, final polish and protect (with a final polish pad)
Zaino Z-5 Pro
Zaino Clear Seal

It's a ton of work but you will love the results ... good luck.

might give that a try.....