Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Was I dropped on my head at birth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

OK......It's Saturday....I wash my car every Saturday....and today I wash AND wax my car, since it's been a few months...and since last weekend's Meet and Greet drive covered my car in bug splatter and brake dust. So, here's the thing....there's a 40% chance of rain tomorrow through Monday. Do I care? No....the way I look at it....there's a 60% chance of no rain....so....I wax on/wax off. And you know what? I love it!! So the question is....is there something wrong with me?? Or, maybe we need a new subforum in the detailing forum......called the "12-steppers" club!! Anyone else out there suffering this affliction??

By the way.....what a gorgeous car when she's all waxed and clean!!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

i wash mine every week.. wash and wax.. but i dont pay attention to weather coming up.. kinda dumb huh? but after i wash it the worst i had was just a little sprinkling. oh well.. but hey my car looks great most of the time and catches a few eyes on and off the road. we all just like to look good thats all and theres no problem with that
Old 11-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

I always pay attention to the weather. Everytime I see 2 consecutive clear days on the forecast, I will wash my car. Washing it twice in a week won't happen here, cause Seattle is a rain city
Old 11-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='360487' date='Nov 25 2006, 08:17 PM
OK......It's Saturday....I wash my car every Saturday....and today I wash AND wax my car, since it's been a few months...and since last weekend's Meet and Greet drive covered my car in bug splatter and brake dust. So, here's the thing....there's a 40% chance of rain tomorrow through Monday. Do I care? No....the way I look at it....there's a 60% chance of no rain....so....I wax on/wax off. And you know what? I love it!! So the question is....is there something wrong with me?? Or, maybe we need a new subforum in the detailing forum......called the "12-steppers" club!! Anyone else out there suffering this affliction??

By the way.....what a gorgeous car when she's all waxed and clean!!
No, it's nothing, don't worry.
My doctor, told me that I'm OK when I narrated him my similar to yours story.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Heck thats the best time to wax... BEFORE the rain... that way your car is protected! I might have to go do that... but I'm a little lazy right now.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2013 M5 - Sakhir Orange / Black Leather.

I wash weekly (the car, that is). Wife thinks I'm nuts. At least you live in a warm clime and can enjoy a clean car for more than a few days. I'm completely obsessed with having a clean car, even though I have two kids in car seats. I have a five year old Volvo Cross Country (wife's) that looks maybe six months old.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Members

My Ride: My 1st was an '06 530xi, Titanium Silver w/ gray dakota leather, sport pkg. & Nav. Now my 2nd is an '08 650i CP, Space Gray, Blk Dakota, Sprt. Auto, HUD, Sprt. Pkg., Prem. Sound, High Beam Ast. & Comfort Access

If its a sickness I don't have the cure. I wash my e60 at least once a week. And since I cannot stand the brake dust on the wheels, I clean them usually every other day. When it comes time for my first brake job I will be looking for a better brake pad. Not only does my wife think I am nuts but also my kids and my neighbors.

Driving a clean car makes the trip that much better.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='360515' date='Nov 25 2006, 11:37 AM
Heck thats the best time to wax... BEFORE the rain... that way your car is protected! I might have to go do that... but I'm a little lazy right now.
come on now....I can understand being lazy if you were talking about.....oh.....a Lexus?? But your E60??
Old 11-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by my1stbeemer' post='360612' date='Nov 25 2006, 04:15 PM
If its a sickness I don't have the cure. I wash my e60 at least once a week. And since I cannot stand the brake dust on the wheels, I clean them usually every other day. When it comes time for my first brake job I will be looking for a better brake pad. Not only does my wife think I am nuts but also my kids and my neighbors.

I'm the same as you...wash once a week, and about 2 or 3 times a week I wipe the wheels clean so the brake dust doesn't build up....and it takes about 10 minutes, no big deal......one of life's simple pleasures.....a clean car
Old 11-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by my1stbeemer' post='360612' date='Nov 25 2006, 07:15 PM
And, as everyone probably knows, a clean car goes faster too!

Quick Reply: Was I dropped on my head at birth?