Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Car Wash scratched my bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

I am totally upset. I have had it with detailers and car washes. My new M5 e39 had it's mirror cracked by a "detailer". Fortunately he paid for the mirror. When he clayed the car I also noticed the paint near the bumper on the right side had a small chip and I mean chip. This may have to be repainted.

I then needed a quicky car wash last week and took my e60 to the local in and out car wash and low and behold I noticed a scratch down to the paint on my rear bumper. I was livid. Well, now I have scratches everywhere.

I am hoping to find someone who can repair these on both cars. I know detailers won't be able to do this unless they have a paint shop. Thought of going back to eurorev, but want someone local to OC.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 2003 Audi RS6/2002 Porsche 911 Turbo/2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

any particular reason why your not doing this yourself?

I'm going to assume time.

as for the chip on the m5 not protecting the detailer at all but could it have been there prior to the job?

I detailed a few cars for a particular owner of some very very high end cars and half the stuff I picked out at the time of estimate he didn't even realize it was there prior to his delivery. I was like you just bought a $400k auto and you didn't realize there was clear coat failure on the carbon fiber???????

anyway I would have to say take some time and start doing the cars yourself.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Sorry to hear about the car! I too have a chip and had ER give me an estimate. I'm gong to have to take it over after Christmas.
Good luck
Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

Originally Posted by pyiu' post='751051' date='Dec 23 2008, 01:05 AM
any particular reason why your not doing this yourself?

I'm going to assume time.

as for the chip on the m5 not protecting the detailer at all but could it have been there prior to the job?

I detailed a few cars for a particular owner of some very very high end cars and half the stuff I picked out at the time of estimate he didn't even realize it was there prior to his delivery. I was like you just bought a $400k auto and you didn't realize there was clear coat failure on the carbon fiber???????

anyway I would have to say take some time and start doing the cars yourself.
No the cracked glass was not there before. It was driver side and I think I would have noticed it.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 2003 Audi RS6/2002 Porsche 911 Turbo/2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I believe I wrote the chip in the bumper how in the heck a detailer cracks a mirror is really beyond me I've done hundreds of cars even when I was a newbie in my teens at the dealer and I have never cracked a mirror.

I don't even want to think how it happened.

I know if I figured out who did it in the crew I would have fired him. That in my mind is uncalled for.

Dare I ask how much you pay for a detail and car wash?

I strongly believe in theory the more you pay the better it should be....

I typically and most of the pros we sell to keep cars for 2 days and really go over them and treat them like their own.

I only have one other person currently that helps me and we are very very very low volume 1 - 2 cars a week.

again sorry that this has happened to you
Old 12-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Senior Members

What's up Dennis? Sorry about your E60, and I know about your E39 mirror incident.

On my previous car (black E36) I took it to a car wash in Carson and as soon as I got home at night I noticed a huge dent with white paint marks. Needless to say I was pissed . I came to realize that the white marks came from the car wash vacuum pole. Of course I couldn't prove it.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that Dennis. if anything, our body/paint shop is near OC area.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Members

Any one need body work NeRwEEzy is the man for paint correction google pro mobile auto detail for more Info.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Members

Honestly I would never go to an automated car wash or let a dealer wash my car. Best thing you can do is get on Autopia and learn the correct way to detail yourself. I bought a porter cable 7424 and klasse AIO and Klasse sealant and you cant go wrong with these combinations. The porter cable is a must for detailing. Anyway sorry they scrated the ride, that sucks!

Even most detailers out there use dirty towels and sponges that can cause havoc on nice paint.
Attached Thumbnails Car Wash scratched my bumper-new_car_005_crop_2.jpg