Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Glass coating for new car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for some of the glass coating for my new 545Ai. It forms thin glass layer on top of the car paint and protects from outside attack better than wax. More important, the car shines brightly as always like a new car!. Does anybody know good products or some detaling shops with good reputation?
Old 10-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Members

I just found one product, 'crystal guard'. The info is here;
Crystal Guard
Has anybody tried this product?
Old 10-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

Take a look at this other product by Tech.

Here's another link to the "Amazing Glaze" that supposed to last for 5 years.

Note: I haven't tried these products and do not have any financial interest in them.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i

thanks for these
Old 10-28-2004, 01:03 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by ornament' date='Oct 27 2004, 12:04 AM
I just found one product, 'crystal guard'. The info is here;
Crystal Guard
Has anybody tried this product?
[snapback]49776[/snapback]
It appears to be just another polymer like RejeX. RejeX works better than wax, IMO, so Crystal Guard is probably in the same league. I'm a RejeX convert.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 28 2004, 04:03 PM
It appears to be just another polymer like RejeX. RejeX works better than wax, IMO, so Crystal Guard is probably in the same league. I'm a RejeX convert.
[snapback]50437[/snapback]
JDN, have you done a comparison between RejeX and Zaino? Just wondering if they're very similar as well.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 28 2004, 02:03 PM
From my understanding, these are totally different. I cannot explain well because I am not a chemist at all. Here is some info from their web page;
-----
STEP 1 -THE PRIMER
CrystalGuard Primer creates the perfect chemical environment for the surface, aiding the CrystalGuard molecules ability to bond then crystallize quickly for maximum smoothness and strength. This first process allows CrystalGuard Base and Top coat applications to bond chemically to the pores of the paintwork to seal and protect the now highly polished surface.

STEP 2 - THE BASE COAT
CrystalGuard Base coat with 2-3 microns thickness, is a relatively softer layer compared to the top coat to provide maximum flexibility and hardness at the same time. Upon application, the chemical begins a cementation process. As the treated surface cements, the molecules interlock with each other, resulting in the toughest bonded protective coating over the paint possible.

STEP 3 - THE TOP COAT
CrystalGuard Top coat is 0.5-1 microns thick and adds maximum hardness and gloss to the body. The Top coat also fills the micro gaps of CrystalGuard Base coat molecules to make the surface much smoother and shinier. This product has a high concentration of glass and fluorine fibers for superior shine and protection.

Once CrystalGuard is completely bonded firmly to its structure in just a few days, unlike other sealant products that can take over a month to cement, you will be ready to have all the benefits of CrystalGuard. You will enjoy your cars shine getting brighter, clearer, sharper, and more elegant by the days.
-----

Bottom line, it makes very thin glass film on top of the original painting, which is different from polymer coating.
I've never tried this kind of glass coating yet, but I am just interested in it. Don't you think glass coating is tighter or better than polymer? Any idea?
Old 10-28-2004, 06:14 PM
JDN
Contributors

From their site:
"In a class by itself with its unique polymerization process, CrystalGuard combines glass and fluorine fibers to create a distinct crystal layer over the entire body of your vehicle, creating a premium crystalline shine with maximum protection. Upon application, a thin crystal molecular layer bonds on contact to any smooth surface to protect it against scratches and harmful environmental pollutants."

Sure sounds like a polymer to me.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:19 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by RH530' date='Oct 28 2004, 08:15 PM
[quote name='JDN' date='Oct 28 2004, 04:03 PM']It appears to be just another polymer like RejeX. RejeX works better than wax, IMO, so Crystal Guard is probably in the same league. I'm a RejeX convert.
JDN, have you done a comparison between RejeX and Zaino? Just wondering if they're very similar as well.
[snapback]50519[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, but if you look at Andy545's Rejexed and Lomag's Mystic Blue in the Gallery that has been Zainoed Lomag's Mystic Blue, you can make your own comparison. Both are excellent, IMO.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Members

Yeah, if glass coater is a part of polymer league, I would take RejeX because there is no reason to stick with other brand.
I know your great post on it. Will follow you soon.....

Quick Reply: Glass coating for new car?