Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Flash Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this any good? Anyone had any expereicne with it? What Car and Autocar both recommend it and apparently its done well in the U.S.

Spot free finish guaranteed too.....

Except my car is black so i dont really want to fork out the cash for something that isnt actually any good...

http://www.freshliving.com/flashcarwash/endorsement.htm
Old 06-27-2005, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by JayJay' date='Jun 27 2005, 02:00 PM
Is this any good? Anyone had any expereicne with it? What Car and Autocar both recommend it and apparently its done well in the U.S.

Except my car is black so i dont really want to fork out the cash for something that isnt actually any good...

[snapback]143403[/snapback]
Amazing - i was just wondering if someone had already developed something like this (After washing my car rather too quickly and not completly drying it resulting in my car looking worse than when I started!)

If it works it would be fantastic - but probably expesive to run (refill costs).
Old 06-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

its about 30 quid here int he uk and the refills are about 5 quid a shot so say 50$ for the pack and 5-10$ for the refills.

Im just curious as to whether any of you guys had used it. Its been tried on the WRC teams (World Rally Championship) and they say its quite good but im still not convinced when it comes to spraying something made by a company i normally associate with kitchen cleaning and bathroom cleaning on my car.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

Flash Car Wash-mrclean.jpg
In US it's called Mr. Clean AutoDry, I have never used it but some people here did. Do the search thing...
Old 06-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

i use it all the time... but i do not rely on time to dry out itseft.... i have jet black color... even though the water is filtered ... it still leaves spots... so i dry right away with the meguires waffle towel..... the best i think for drying...refill can get costly.... especially if the water you have is very hard... so filters can go after 4-5 washes... hope this helps eric d.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Well i bought the bugger and after a huge amount of hassle with my mid 14th century hosepipe and attachments (i had to nip back to the store to buy a bleedin new hosepipe lock because it kept flying off the tap)

After that fiddling around it worked an absolute treat. I couldnt be bothered to wait for it to 'dry in the sun' so i blasted up and down the local dual carriage way at about 100. When i got back it was dry as a bone and spot free.

Just waxed the whole front end too with Turtle Wax platinum which is a blend of Carnauba wax from Brazil and Bavarian Wax. I cant be bothered with the back 3/4. ITs already had a recent waxing and its the front end that seems to get smacked by the flies. Plus it already looks pretty good without.

What i found quite cool was the obvious effect the waxing had. Not visually but to touch. I ran my hand over the nearside front wing and then back across the door to the rear passenger door (where i had stopped waxing) and there was an ever so slight change in feel. Not quite as smooth...

She looks absolutely stunning with the sun setting tho. I should really take some pictures but my family think ive become 'obsessed' with the car so maybe another time
Old 06-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Contributors

I've got one and it does appear to work as promised. I used my old car as a guinea pig before I got my 5 and did just walk away and leave it to dry. The result was spot free as promised. However with my new 5 I prefer not to wait but to finish with a blow from my leaf blower followed my a final quick wipe down with my waffle-weave MF towel. Then any drips that have escaped my attention and do dribble down the side of the car don't leave a mark.

In the states you can get CRSpotless which from all the reviews I've seen of it works very well. Unfortunately that would cost a fortune to ship to the UK!

I have come across something similar in the UK from IonicSystems but have no idea how good their product is. Hmmm just checked their website and the product seems to have disappeared!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by JayJay' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:00 AM

[snapback]143403[/snapback]
I only use Zymol products to wash, clean and wax my 530i and Volvo 850.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d se auto. black sapphire, 17" 5 spoke 138 style alloys. dark poplar trim, charcoal flat weave cloth, bluetooth phone prep, dimming rear view and side mirrors, lumbar support, heated front deats, phone cradle

i found with the flash car wash you have to be very precise with it otherwise it will still leave watermarks on your car. And interestingly both cars i have washed using this it has made polish a real bugger to buff in, good for a quick fix but for a real nice job give the car what it deserves; a proper wash!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

Bad experience with the Mr. Clean. Lots of water spot in my car. still have to dry it with MicroFiber.