Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Fantastic detailer in Memphis, Tn

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used a detailer in Memphis for perhaps 15 years or more. It is a husband and wife shop that does the detailing for almost all dealers there. Name of it: Cassell's. It is on Summer Avenue, near where the old IH40 spur ends.

What I like about their detailing:

1. They steam clean the carpeting. Really, steam cleaning; not a bucket of hot water.
2. When they clean the engine, they do not use the shiny gook; their engine cleaning removes all the oil and dirt, but it has no shine to it. (Let them know if you do not want the engine touched. Also, put a note on the dashboard, just in case worker bees get overly-ambitious.
3. They spray the muffler and the radiator with flat black paint. They also do the same under the wheel wells.
4. They are good honest people. If you have any fancy floor mats in car (or perhaps anything of value), remove that stuff before you take car in. I have lost a set of nice new thick Cadillac floor mats when one of their worker bees apparently grabbed them. Or perhaps someone loitering near their shop grabbed them.

A friend of mine sends them about 20 cars per month. His worker bees say that he does not sell his cars. "Cassell sells his cars (because of the extra good detail work on them). They polish cars like you would not believe. They also clean all of the little areas where dust accumulates.

Whenever I buy a car, I have Cassell detail it. When I sell the car a year or two later, I have Cassell repeat the process.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 99 740il and 2008 GMC Denali 1500

I have sent many folks on different forums to Joe at World of Mouth Detailing in Memphis and they are always very happy.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Members

Haha you say they are good honest people then you say they stole your floor mats... I hope they bought you new ones.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mb43' post='864525' date='Apr 30 2009, 05:22 PM
Haha you say they are good honest people then you say they stole your floor mats... I hope they bought you new ones.
We won't talk about that. Owner's wife (Doris) is a tough cookie. She says: "How do I know you didn't lose them on the way over?" Or "how do I know these (old ones) are not yours? ;She will not give up a penny. She or her husband are not walking off with floor mats. Either a worker bee or someone walking down the street who sees them hanging/drying on the fence. I can laugh about it now, but I was very very irritated.

Still, they do fantastic work; and their detailing actually sells the cars. I have lost some floor mats, but I have gained some fine looking autos. I hate to put it this way, but nothing in life is perfect.

And life goes on!

Thanks for your input/comments. I had not noticed the inconsistency of my comments.

One other note: I still buy them lunch whenever I am in the area. Maybe I am stupid, but I believe life is a 2 way street. You do me a favor, and I will return it. Sometimes, I will do you a favor just for the hell of it. It ain't gonna break me financially. Besides, it is fun to take someone to lunch anc chat about cars/detailing, etc.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='864811' date='Apr 30 2009, 10:40 PM
We won't talk about that. Owner's wife (Doris) is a tough cookie. She says: "How do I know you didn't lose them on the way over?" Or "how do I know these (old ones) are not yours? ;She will not give up a penny. She or her husband are not walking off with floor mats. Either a worker bee or someone walking down the street who sees them hanging/drying on the fence. I can laugh about it now, but I was very very irritated.

Still, they do fantastic work; and their detailing actually sells the cars. I have lost some floor mats, but I have gained some fine looking autos. I hate to put it this way, but nothing in life is perfect.

And life goes on!

Thanks for your input/comments. I had not noticed the inconsistency of my comments.

One other note: I still buy them lunch whenever I am in the area. Maybe I am stupid, but I believe life is a 2 way street. You do me a favor, and I will return it. Sometimes, I will do you a favor just for the hell of it. It ain't gonna break me financially. Besides, it is fun to take someone to lunch anc chat about cars/detailing, etc.
Well there are lots of bad detailers out there... I'm glad you have a good place to go, that is worth a lot more than floor mats (if you really care about the condition of your car).