Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Don't go to CHAMOIS CAR WASH in Danville CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

HI Folks,

I had a VERY unpleasant experience at Chamois Car Wash in Danville CA. a day ago.
After I got off of work, I decided to have my car washed. When I returned home, I noticed a few minor hairline scratches on the side of my car and immediately drove back to their service writer. He agreed and asked me to bring it back at any time and they would polish the scratches out. I went back the next morning at 8:00 am and the service write asked if I wanted to wax the car for 50.00. I said that would be fine, as long as the y credit me back for the car wash from the previous night. He told me that he didn't have the authority, so I told him to procede anyways. I asked the cashier if I could speak to the manager/owner and she phone his office which was in the back of the car wash. I walked into his office and tried explained what had happened. The owner was immediately confrontational and didn't even give me a second to expalin. He walked me out to the car wash and asked if I could point out "how" the scratch happened. I "tried" to explain to him that I am a professional car builder and showed him exactly which brush scratched the car and explained the relevance of their roller to the height of each scratch on my car. He then tells me that most people don't know if their car is scratched, in which I replied, I am not "most" people, I am in fact a professional/expert. Finally, he gave me 15 seconds to speak, and all I asked was a refund for the car wash from the previous night and I would pay the 50.00 for the polish and wax. He immediately refused and started to put his hands on me and speaking to me in an extremely condesending manor. I asked, if he always treats his customers this way and he replied, ALWAYS!!!!!!!
I politely asked for my car and he said it's in front and you can walk around and get it yourself.

I'll report this to the BBB on Monday and will call his partner this afternoon.
Regardless, it's my life mission to tell everyone in my neighborhood, my friend's that live here in BlackHawk about their lousy service. Oddly, one of my neighbors had the same incident, so it's not the first time.

Time for me to open a can of whooooppp a@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Sorry to hear that...Hope you get your car fixed...
Old 03-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Contributors

WOW... if this was me i would of got locked up... put his hands on you!!!!!!!!! OMFG... or i would of left with a smile .. came back at nite and really put a smile on my face.. thats bullshit.... the balls on some people...
Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='816574' date='Mar 14 2009, 09:50 AM
WOW... if this was me i would of got locked up... put his hands on you!!!!!!!!! OMFG... or i would of left with a smile .. came back at nite and really put a smile on my face.. thats bullshit.... the balls on some people...

Believe me, the thought did cross my mind, actually twice, if not 10 times and I'm still really pissed this morning.
I decided to be extra nice to my employees that day in hopes that my day would balance out some how, it did, but I'm still royally pissed.

They run 300 cars through their was on an average sunny day, that's almost 90K. Can't believe they wouldn't give me back 17.00.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skeeter' post='816572' date='Mar 14 2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear that...Hope you get your car fixed...
It was minor. We have a pro-detailer that cleans all the cars at my shop before delivery, so I'll have him take care of it.

I understand that things happen, but when you start to put your hands on a patron, that just way overboard.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to hear what happened, and thats the reason why i only go to hand wash shops( except for undercarriage). It does not eliminate the possibility of my car getting scratch during washing but it lessens the chance.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Sorry to hear of this BS. You showed an amazing amount of personal restraint. You did the right thing, but they guy's still lucky he's got all his teeth. I hope he knows that. It's one thing to be an a-hole verbally, but when hands come out, it's often a different ending.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='816633' date='Mar 14 2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear of this BS. You showed an amazing amount of personal restraint. You did the right thing, but they guy's still lucky he's got all his teeth. I hope he knows that. It's one thing to be an a-hole verbally, but when hands come out, it's often a different ending.
I might expect this in a bad area, but not where I live, my entire family goes there and we must have spent quite a bundle and would have continued for years to come.

TEEEETH.....oh how I wanted to just slam a huge round house kick in his face......

This forum makes me feel so much better.
Thank you!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by E60TH' post='816560' date='Mar 14 2009, 12:19 PM
HI Folks,

I had a VERY unpleasant experience at Chamois Car Wash in Danville CA. He immediately refused and started to put his hands on me and speaking to me in an extremely condescending manor. I asked, if he always treats his customers this way and he replied, ALWAYS!!!!!!!
I politely asked for my car and he said it's in front and you can walk around and get it yourself.

I'll report this to the BBB on Monday and will call his partner this afternoon.
Regardless, it's my life mission to tell everyone in my neighborhood, my friend's that live here in BlackHawk about their lousy service. Oddly, one of my neighbors had the same incident, so it's not the first time.

Time for me to open a can of whooooppp a@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In most municipalities/states this is considered (simple) assault. I'd have backed away and dialed 911 immediately and lodged a criminal complaint. People who act like that should not be in a customer service business.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='816776' date='Mar 14 2009, 02:10 PM
People who act like that should not be in a customer service business.
+1 sorry to hear about that man.

Quick Reply: Don't go to CHAMOIS CAR WASH in Danville CA