Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Dangerous rain is dangerous!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:13 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: S5 E60
Model Year: 2016
Default Dangerous rain is dangerous!

Hi guys!

I’ve moved to south east Asia (Singapore to be accurate) and you should see the rain here… If you’ve watched Forrest Gump and you remember the part in Vietnam… well that’s pretty much accurate.

The problem with the rain is that it pours so much that it makes it actually dangerous to drive because the wipers are not be enough.

So I’ve heard about these water repelling coatings, but I’ve got no experience on it and being new to Singapore also means that I don’t know who to ask, that’s why I’m asking you today.

Do you guys have any products that work for a long time (I don’t want to have to reapply it every week…) and that does a decent job at pushing the rain out of my windscreen?
Old 07-22-2018, 06:47 PM
New Members

My Ride: S5
Model Year: 2009

Hi,
I feel you brother, I lived from 2013 to 2017 in Asia and the rain there is no joke...

During my stay I tried quite a few of them from Rain-X to virtually every type of waxes available on the market and even a few coatings...
The best results I ever got were obviously with pro-applied coatings...
There is one I really wanted to try because it was a local product but I had to go back home so it was not worth applying... It is a window coating developed by IGL.
They claim that it works up to 1 year even under this type of climate and, god, if this is true that's amazing...
Please pick up my quest to find the perfect protection against rain where I left it ahahah

More seriously, the standard proven method is to seal it and wax it, I don't have any particular recommendation regarding the brand but there is no way you can have something that works more than a couple of month...

I've also heard about people pouring sealant or other protectant in the windshield washer tank! Never tried and I don't think it will provide good results but well maybe worth a shot.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2006

Its the crank shaft sensor playing up.
Change this to a new one.