Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Orient Blue, Auburn Int. Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 , Nav... European Delivery 3/21/05 Redelivery 6/1/05.

I just had the clear bra installed this morning on my 05-545i. It looks great! The installers did a really good job. Had the 1st quarter of the Hood, all of the bumper, the headlight lenses (with 40mil material!), the door handle cups, the door edges, the bottom of the gas opening and along the top of the back bumper to protect it as stuff in put in and out of the trunk. My car is Orient Blue, must I must tell you that this 3M material is practically invisible. The only edge that is even barely noticeable is on the hood. (You have to look for it!). It comes with a 4 year warranty against yellowing, bubbling, tearing, etc. plus if through normal wear from bugs and rocks the material does allow the paint to be harmed, the company will pay to have the body repaired up to $1500. All in all, a very good investment I believe!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

hmmm <_< my wife was going to surprise me with a clear bra..... but long beach bmw refused to put on saying that they dont do jet black car ...becuz it will leave visible fingerprints..upon application.....jet black is not that drastic of a color change than your orient blue...i would like to know what dealership did this and how much..... thanks and congrats you lucky man...
Old 06-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Senior Members

when i read the first sentence of your post, i thought you got lucky that night .
Old 06-21-2005, 03:27 AM
JDN
Contributors

Same here, alohalc. I had to struggle for control of my fingers. Fingers really wanted to tap out a response to "my wife was going to surprise me with a clear bra" and commend the dealer who refused to put it on for being such a gentleman and respecting the marriage. Dog gone it! Fingers did it anyway.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 AM
Senior Members

i'm not alone .
Old 06-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Orient Blue, Auburn Int. Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 , Nav... European Delivery 3/21/05 Redelivery 6/1/05.

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Jun 20 2005, 06:36 PM
hmmm <_< my wife was going to surprise me with a clear bra..... but long beach bmw refused to put on saying that they dont do jet black car ...becuz it will? leave visible fingerprints..upon application.....jet black is not that drastic of a color change than your orient blue...i would? like to know what dealership did this and how much..... thanks and? congrats? you lucky man...
[snapback]141393[/snapback]
Neillo BMW in Sacramento arranged for the Clear Bra. I watched the process from beginning to end (4hrs). No fingerprints... I suppose it depends on the installer. Mine was a husband and wife team that really took their time and was very conscientous. As I mentioned, they not only did the front of the car, but all of the door edges, the cups behind the door handles, along the bottom of the fuel door and also across the top of the rear bumper (protects the bumber while putting stuff in and out of the trunk). Cost $899. Now as far as your wife surprising you with a clear bra... that seems to be a different discussion!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Jun 20 2005, 06:36 PM
hmmm <_< my wife was going to surprise me with a clear bra..... but long beach bmw refused to put on saying that they dont do jet black car ...becuz it will? leave visible fingerprints..upon application.....jet black is not that drastic of a color change than your orient blue...i would? like to know what dealership did this and how much..... thanks and? congrats?? you lucky man...
[snapback]141393[/snapback]

If you want to... swing by my work at long beach and check out my installers quality of work? then you can judge and see if you want him to do it. Quite reasonable in price... I wouldnt think there would be a problem with jet black...

I'll PM you.