Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Cleaned up the BEAST this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Awesome work.... your wife must make you do house chores
Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by saf545
Nice work. car looks great.
Thanks

Originally Posted by sweetnlowe60
Nice color!
The color is awesome

Originally Posted by mmitev
Wow, looks so nice to see a well cared-for M5.
I just love the Madeira trim And in combination with that exterior (bronze?) and leather.. yummy
What colour is the leather exactly?
I think lso called called Sepang interior

Originally Posted by AndrewBigA
nice work & props to you for having your wife help you out & get dirty. can you reveal your secret for accomplishing this? ive been with my gf for 5+ years & she hasnt even attended a car show with me =(
Make them feel like they do something better than you....
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60lifestyle
Great job!
thanks

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
looks good
thanks
Originally Posted by Masterspy
+1 I have been married to my better half for 27 years and she has not even cleaned her own car even once. What is your strategy kindly share it with us. Oh, by the way, good work on your car.
I haven't been alive 27 years lol. The secret is to have her help you, while she is doing the work keep giving her compliments on the work she is doing. I always say " I don't know how you do it but you are doing a great job."

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
Looks Clean! lucky no snow

no snow but lots of rain....good this the wax is pretty good.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sluis530
looks good nice work! what did you use on the exhaust to clean them? mine are a bit grimy and can't seem to get them clean.
I used Chemical Guys APC http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemica...180/128-oz-S2/ mixes with car wash soap. ( make sure you wear gloves) after that a thorough rinse and then we polished with Turtle Wax chrome polish.

Originally Posted by Shezmon
Awesome work.... your wife must make you do house chores

I won't lie I wash dishes lol
Old 02-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Great job car looks gorgeous. I thought you were getting rid of the E90 335i or are you keeping both? Florida looks amazing this time of year .
Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Great job car looks gorgeous. I thought you were getting rid of the E90 335i or are you keeping both? Florida looks amazing this time of year .

I'm still getting rid of it. It's just that the lease doesn't end until the 20th. I'm in Georgia by the way. I just have Florida plates.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lopealle
I'm still getting rid of it. It's just that the lease doesn't end until the 20th. I'm in Georgia by the way. I just have Florida plates.
How does one do that? I would love to rock florida plates to get rid of the front plate and tint rule.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
How does one do that? I would love to rock florida plates to get rid of the front plate and tint rule.
All you need is Florida insurance and a Florida adress for them to put in the system when you go to the DMV. You have your mailing address to what ever you want but long as you have a Florida adress to give them your fine. Or maybe because i'm in the military I can register what ever state I please (because we travel). It's easy to do.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lopealle
All you need is Florida insurance and a Florida adress for them to put in the system when you go to the DMV. You have your mailing address to what ever you want but long as you have a Florida adress to give them your fine. Or maybe because i'm in the military I can register what ever state I please (because we travel). It's easy to do.
Oh okay not really easy then. You have a residence in FL?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Members

car is clean.. I still find it very hard to dry my M5 without water spots.. I've tried, MF towels, waffle weave towels, and a leaf blower. I can't seem to dry it fast enough before spots develop. I think i just have really hard water where I live.

Quick Reply: Cleaned up the BEAST this weekend