Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Central Florida's Best Tinting and Detail Shops?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may equate to free advertisment for some local shop, but lets see who takes the crown. Who would you recommend to friends, family, etc. without any hesitation?

1. Best auto detailer in town

2. Best window tinter in town
Old 11-11-2006, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by So-Serene' post='354762' date='Nov 11 2006, 12:40 AM
This may equate to free advertisment for some local shop, but lets see who takes the crown. Who would you recommend to friends, family, etc. without any hesitation?

1. Best auto detailer in town

2. Best window tinter in town

The best auto detailer in Orlando is me. I detail my own cars, and no one is going to do as good a job on my car as me.... period. I would never recommend any detail company because I would never use one myself. I only use real carnauba paste wax, applied by hand. You won't find many detail shops who do this. It's too labor intensive to be economical. They'd all rather use an orbital buffer with liquid waxes. But that's just amateurish.

The best tinter is a subjective call. I had a guy named Austin @ Security Tint do the tint on my E60. He does excellent work (which means he is a skilled installer... no bubbles, no hairs, no gaps, no seams), and he is very reasonably priced. He comes to you, also.

But on my E90 I got the Huper Optik tint, which I prefer vastly. But there is only one Huper Optik dealer in Orlando. Class on Glass. Their shop is kinda in the ghetto on OBT, near I-4. Their installers were not as skilled as Austin. They got hairs in the tint, and a fair amount of dirt in the tint on a couple of windows. Their work was not as good as Austin. But I didn't like having to wait at their shop while the work was done. It's not a nice area of town. It was also more than twice as expensive.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='354842' date='Nov 11 2006, 09:36 AM
The best auto detailer in Orlando is me. I detail my own cars, and no one is going to do as good a job on my car as me.... period. I would never recommend any detail company because I would never use one myself. I only use real carnauba paste wax, applied by hand. You won't find many detail shops who do this. It's too labor intensive to be economical. They'd all rather use an orbital buffer with liquid waxes. But that's just amateurish.
The best tinter is a subjective call. I had a guy named Austin @ Security Tint do the tint on my E60. He does excellent work (which means he is a skilled installer... no bubbles, no hairs, no gaps, no seams), and he is very reasonably priced. He comes to you, also.

But on my E90 I got the Huper Optik tint, which I prefer vastly. But there is only one Huper Optik dealer in Orlando. Class on Glass. Their shop is kinda in the ghetto on OBT, near I-4. Their installers were not as skilled as Austin. They got hairs in the tint, and a fair amount of dirt in the tint on a couple of windows. Their work was not as good as Austin. But I didn't like having to wait at their shop while the work was done. It's not a nice area of town. It was also more than twice as expensive.

You are right, that place really did not give me a good vibe. I chose to not let them lay a hand on my new E60. However, a recent email informed me that they (Class on Glass) are not the only installers of Huper Optik. Check this out:

I am the distributor for Huper Optik Window Films for the state of Florida. Your name was forwarded to me from the Huper Optik website requesting information and a dealer in your area. Our dealer in your area is Radical Rays and their phone number is 407-282-2453. Someone from this dealership will contact you shortly.

Thank you for your interest in our Patented Ceramic Window Films. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Sincerely,

Sam Levy
--
Sam Levy
Huper Optik Florida
Authorized Distributor
6210 Lockwood Ridge Road, #201
Sarasota, FL 34243-2529
888-500-0065 toll free
941-351-0049 local
941-227-4790 fax
florida@huperoptikusa.com

Do you have any knowledge of Radical Rays? Outside of getting Huper Optik, I have been considering Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic tint) by Llumar. It is available in 15%. Flyin' Windows Tinting of Longwood carries this brand. Have you compared the two? (Huper Optik vs. Formula One Pinnacle)
Check the website out: www.formulaone.com