Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Carwash effed up my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010 | 02:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

Just wanting to vent...

I?m working out of our corp headquarters in Foster City today and during lunch I bring my car to a handwash 2 blocks away from the office. I tell the manager, ?PLEASE DO NOT run my car through the auto-carwash because my wheels will get scratched?.

So, I park my car and call my wife to chat and as we?re talking, over comes 1 guy with a green brush and 18? long handle, he starts rinsing my car off and starts brushing the drivers side wheels ? I?m half paying attention to what he?s doing. But before he goes to the other side, he dips the brush in standing water on the ground and starts on the third wheel. At this time, I?m like ?HEYYYYY, HOLD ON!? and ask him why he?s not using mits with a bucket of soapy water ? of course this guy doesn?t understand English so I go to the office and talk to the manager.

I ask the manager why this guy is using a friggin thick bristled brush on my wheels ? especially after I asked him to be careful.

I effed-up but not paying more attention to how this guy is washing my car, but I figured that this guy was using the brush to get surface dirt off the wheels before doing the actual soaping.

The 2 of us go to take a look at each wheel and sure enough, there?s scratches all over them. So I raise hell with both managers who tell me that they?ll have the owner call me ? hell no. I tell them I?m not leaving till I talk with the owner. Now, I?m explaining what happened to the owner and he says, he needs to review the video surveillance tape to see if what I?m saying is true, at this point I lost it. I say ?are you implying that what I?m saying didn?t happen as I say it did? There?s 6 of your guys standing around under the shade watching the 1 idiot destroy my wheels with his stupid brush and it wasn?t until I raised hell that they ALL came over to help wash my car'.

I?m so PISSED! Right now. I?m gonna stop here.... I?m so friggin pissed. Anyway, I need to go back to Wheel Techniques and get an estimate to repair the scratches. !@#$%

If I was a carwasher, I?d be the best damn car washer there ever was. I don?t mean to sound like an ass, but I work hard for the money I make and spend it on the things that I want to spend it on. I don?t want some idiot trying to take money out of my pocket over their own stupidity.

Side Note: My wheels were recently refinished to Matte Black Face & Gloss Black Barrels and you can clearly see the scratches on the barrels and a few deep enough that you can feel the scratch.
Old 01-27-2010 | 02:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

sorry to hear this. i've had the same problem on car wash when they scratched left wheel. they said they need to review the tape, never found anything and said it wasn't them, i was pissed as well. hope they pay you for this
Old 01-27-2010 | 03:01 PM
Senior Members

wash your own car.....come on, you asked for it, no?
Old 01-27-2010 | 03:09 PM
Senior Members

I hear you and I do wash my own car, but I decided to get it done since it is close to work and was very dirty - and nobody asks for bad service...
Old 01-27-2010 | 04:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

That is why no one touch my car but me.
Old 01-27-2010 | 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Sorry about your troubles. To be honest, I would not let just anyone wash my car. Either I do it or some one that I know well. I hope you get it worked out, and next time don't let anyone touch it.
Old 01-27-2010 | 05:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Not acceptable. That sucks. Make them fix it.
Old 01-27-2010 | 05:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i black Premium Sport NAV

that sucks man.. btw.. can you post pics of your wheels? I'd love to see how they look with a matte black face and gloss black lip! Sounds nice! (aside from the new scratches of course).
Old 01-27-2010 | 06:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CWS530
Not acceptable. That sucks. Make them fix it.
Agreed and my thoughts exactly. Bottom line, if you pay for a service, you expect to get what you paid or - no more, no less and much less come away with damage...

It's like going out or dinner and they burn your food, I don't think I'd tell you that you should've stayed at home and cooked your own food and that you should expect that type of service because you went out for dinner. That doesn't make sense and it's not acceptable.
Old 01-27-2010 | 06:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jey5ive
that sucks man.. btw.. can you post pics of your wheels? I'd love to see how they look with a matte black face and gloss black lip! Sounds nice! (aside from the new scratches of course).
Will do - weather's been bad lately so I'll do so when weather permits.

Quick Reply: Carwash effed up my wheels