5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Detailing Forum (https://5series.net/forums/detailing-forum-15/)
-   -   car wash / hand wash (https://5series.net/forums/detailing-forum-15/car-wash-hand-wash-5144/)

roost 12-06-2004 04:34 PM

Since using a car wash I noticed swirl marks, Rims scratchs, and lint over my car, I guess I am a little on the lazy side. The car washes I use are hand wash but they run through the tunnel.

m630 12-06-2004 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by roost' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:34 PM
Since using a car wash I noticed swirl marks, Rims scratchs, and lint over my car, I guess I am a little on the lazy side. The car washes I use are hand wash but they run through the tunnel.
[snapback]65796[/snapback]

thats the price for me living in a climate that gets cold, i love to hand wash, but for 5 months a year its too cold

wiszmaster 12-06-2004 05:08 PM

ehh ... takes too much time to handwash - a year long pass to the car wash did me just fine. and silvergrey is a somewhat carefree color... don't see those scratches/swirls much

Iceman 12-06-2004 05:11 PM

I take it to a car wash, what uses textile stripes only. The car actually looks better than when I wash it by hand. It doesn't harm the paint at all. But I am in the lucky situation, that we have one of the modernest car washes in the world here in Frankfurt. They just bought new machines for the cost of 800,000.-?.

Hamann5 12-06-2004 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:55 PM
thats the price for me living in a climate that gets cold, i love to hand wash, but for 5 months a year its too cold
[snapback]65807[/snapback]

HA... I still hand wash my car in the bitter cold... I will not like the car wash touch my car... But i do have swirl marks... It's jsut how black gets :angry: I wish I knew a way to get rid of them... sigh... Oooo well..

Hormazd 12-06-2004 05:19 PM

I take it to a "Hand" Car wash. These are common in Los Angeles, the car capital of the world. No brush ever touches my paint.

gdavis 12-06-2004 05:26 PM

I do hand washes until it's too cold to keep the hose outdoors so it won't freeze and crack (about now). Then I go to a car wash that just uses high pressure water and no cloth or other contact to the paint. Then after it blow dries, I use a towel to finish the surface. I do it once a week.

But where we are, this time of year, it rarely goes for 1 day without raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am always doing the wash and seeing rain the very next day!!! Why is that?

I grew up in Miami, and it was never like this, but now I live mid-continent and get gray dreary rain and snow :lol: :o :'( :( :angry: :blink: :D

OddOrEven 12-06-2004 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:55 PM
[quote name='roost' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:34 PM']Since using a car wash I noticed swirl marks, Rims scratchs, and lint over my car, I guess I am a little on the lazy side. The car washes I use are hand wash but they run through the tunnel.
[snapback]65796[/snapback]

[snapback]65807[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hand washed as long as the hands can take it.... Yesterday at a high of 40F. Of course snow, rain and sleet today :(

ricochet 12-06-2004 05:43 PM

hand washing all the way! at least until i give up the fight against swirl marks :-p

phatrosh 12-06-2004 05:48 PM

hand wash if you have a dark color... if you have a carefree color...take it somewhere and let them worry about it... but i like to wax it myself