Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Car Care Products

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the best products to use on our cars? Which wax, soap, polish, window cleaner, tire spray wheel clearner, leather clear/contitioner, wood cleaner...

Wich products do you guys sware by? I've used a few different ones, but i'd like to know the best stuff to use and mabey model names.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I used to hand wash and wax my cars like a crazy person. The past six years or so, I've been way to busy to take the time to do it myself. This, coupled with the fact that I lease my cars, significantly cut down on the number of times I wash and wax my cars these days. I'm sure there's a ton of opinions out there but here's my (dated) one:

Best wheel cleaner: P21S
Favorite wax products: Zymol (the good stuff, not the standard stuff)
Best glass cleaner: Mr. Magic (click here for link)
Old 06-29-2004, 07:48 PM
JDN
Contributors

I still hand wash and clean it up pretty often -- well the outside anyway. I have always used Mother's products and had good luck for almost eight years with the sheen on the 540. But, I stay garaged most of the time.

Recently I surprised myself and switched to a polymer. The results look just as good as wax and it is soooo easy to do. I do wheels with clear water and tires with whatever I have the most of (except absolutely no Black Magic Wheel Wet). Right now I am using Armor All on my tires and splash guards because I have a lot of it to use up. Does a good job with no build up.

I use Rain-X on the windshield and clean windows with newspaper. NP works good for cleaning excess Rain-X and getting rid of the residual film on initial use. Also works good on the inside of the windshield that accumulates that film that attracts moisture and fogs in the winter.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jun 29 2004, 09:48 PM
(except absolutely no Black Magic Wheel Wet).
Problem with BMWW? I just started using this (on my old car). Don't want to use this on the new one if there's an issue.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Contributors

On my car, I'm currently using

Paint:
1Z Einszett Metallic Polish
1Z Einszett Glanz Wax
S100 Carnauba

Windows: Stoner's Invisible Glass

Leather: Meguiars Leather conditioner/cleaner

Wheels: car shampoo, nice and mild, but gets the job done.

After Washing, I dry with a microfiber towel and follow it up with either Meguiars Final Step Quick detailer or Eagle One wax as u dry.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:55 AM
Contributors

I use the Griots garage products... The only thing I'm thinking about trying out is the Rejex wax that everyone keeps talking about.

I hand wash at least once a week.

James
Old 06-30-2004, 04:50 AM
Members

Hi Guys, whats the difference between polishing and waxing....currently i hand wash once a week, and then wax every few months..
Whats the best way to keep it showroom looking
Old 06-30-2004, 06:11 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by JIMM' date='Jun 30 2004, 07:50 AM
Whats the best way to keep it showroom looking
The Zymol process is tested and true. It works, but it is work! I believe that the polymer, Rejex, may equal a Zymol shine. It can be done in a fraction of the time by a 90-year-old woman. There may be a downside, but I don't know what it is.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

I just got the "starter" kit + the big waffle-weave drying towel from Griot's Garage and am dying to get a decent day to test all the stuff out. The kit comes with a nice size spray bottle of wheel cleaner that will probably be empty before the end of summer. It also comes with non-wax-removing car wash soap, a clay bar to help remove small surface scratches, their "Best In Show" liquid Carnauba wax, and a Carnauba-infused Quick Detailing spray called "Speed Shine," a rubber/vinyl dressing, and leather cleaner (I think).

-MrB
Old 06-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Contributors

mr. Belk! I just bought my Dad that for father's day.

I got the towel set for fathers day. Make sure you wash them a couple of times first. I didn't read the instruction insert, and was pissed off that they wouldn't really dry. Once I followed the pre-use instructions, they've kicked butt. Also, your right on with the weather here. I wash, it rains, I wash, it rains. It's a good thing I work at home, or I'd go insane.

Excellent purchase. I find that I use the Window cleaner (2 year old and 5 year old) quite a bit... I use the clay bar prior to waxing...

James

Quick Reply: Car Care Products