Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Bonding with my car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Since the dealer did a crappy job waxing my new car (white stuff everywhere) I decided to do it myself and see if I could do a better job.

First of all if you have a hangover go wax your car. My hangover went away after 2 hours of buffing my baby up!

I really enjoyed myself making the car look tidy and new again. This car has so many interesting lines on it that are barely noticable but you see them when your busy working on it.

First I washed the car, gave it a turtle wax treatment (didn't have anything else) and then gave it a turtle wax highgloss treatment.. The car shines so bright that it almost looks as if it is wet. After that waxed the rims and gave the tires a teflontreatment so they look nice and black again. Gave the windows a Rainshield treatment (not the frontwindow because I get streeks of the windshieldwipers if I do that). Polished the exhaustpipes with chromewax and finished it of by vacuumcleaning the car.

It was a 7 hour job but hey the results are really worth it.

After that I took it for a little spin that ended up in a 45 minute drive looking at all the windows that I passed to see a glance of my shiny new car!!

I'll make some pictures and post them later.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

No need for a mirror to brush my hair anymore!
Attached Thumbnails Bonding with my car.-glimmer1.jpg  
Old 08-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Contributors

number 2
Attached Thumbnails Bonding with my car.-glimmer2.jpg  
Old 08-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Last one

I think I did a nice job on the car!
Attached Thumbnails Bonding with my car.-glimmer3.jpg  
Old 08-22-2004, 07:09 AM
JDN
Contributors

Nothing like a clean, shiny new E60. Looking good.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Contributors

Couldn't resist posting this one.. The car is like a cameleon and takes over the color of the wall were it is parked next to.
Attached Thumbnails Bonding with my car.-glimmer4.jpg  
Old 08-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

very good job ! now you need to spend another hour or so to clean your parking stall . oh, do you mind to wash and wax mine next time when you are in hawaii ?
Old 08-23-2004, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

Old 08-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Members

By the way.. what kind of wax or polish is the best for this car??? Need a name in order to know what to purchase.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:26 AM
JDN
Contributors

Now you've opened pandora's box.

Quick Reply: Bonding with my car.