Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Big "A" Detailing: FK 1000P Paste Wax

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mon, oct 4, 2010

2003 Infiniti G35

nick had spent a lot of money on the detail i did for him recently. i wetsanded the entire nose & corrected the rest of his car under the halogen lights via rotary machine compounding & polishing.

i wanted to keep him happy so i promised him the next wax was free on me. he sent me a PM & asked me if i can remove a few new light scratches when he comes back for the wax. i said no problem for you man ill hook it up.

nick came back & requested this new to me wax that i finally ordered & had ready to use in the shop.
the reviews ive read on a UK detailing site were pretty darn good. a few pics of water beading after application got me hooked! i had to get this wax & now its here!

the weather was crappy out but he came in anyways, it was his only day off of work.

we took our time on waxing the car. it was raining out & i was procrastinating on a big job that i was in the middle of working on. i needed to catch a break from the shop so i asked my boy humberto what he wanted for lunch. we started talking about this local taco hut place & the big fella got kind of hungry. he offered to buy us lunch so we took him up on the offer. i put his car back inside the shop, closed the gate & locked up the place. we were going out of the shop for lunch, this is a big thing for me. (i dont get many chances to leave this place lol) the bill was on nick so it kind of made the day great. a positive note on a rainy, dark, cloudy misserable day.

thanks big fella =) i will remember to mention lunch again the next time your here. =P

when we got back it was raining still so i figured it was a great time to take some water beading shots on nicks car. it was depressing to see the dark clouds above but what the hell right?

i took a few shots of water being poured on the hood. the rest are water beading shots taken outside, in the rain.

it was a win win for everyone. nick was happy to have a coat of FK 1000P on his car. me & humberto enjoyed the free lunch at taco hut.

thank you nick =)

-Andrew

as always we washed, clayed & did the normal full prep before application of the FK 1000P Paste Wax.

sprayed some water out of the bottle
poured some water too
the water seems to fall right off the paint!
thats right after i stopped pouring water out of the bottle. i did not take out the leaf blower at all.
water does not stay on the paint!

wiped down the little bit of water that remained on the surface of the hood!
about to get rained on =( so sad after applying a fresh coat of wax =*(

hood
drivers fender
Old 10-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

some big beads on the wing & one or two on the trunk. i dont know whats up with that but the rest of the car has really tight beading action lol.
rear bumper

i wonder how much water remained on his car when he got home from the shop. i shouldve told him to take a few photos so i could post them up lol.

heres what the can of wax looks like. i will always have a fresh tin of this in the shop & ready to be used on your car. if you want some, just ask!

Old 10-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

I'm still coming through Thursday at 9am, maybe You should use to his on my car...
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
I'm still coming through Thursday at 9am, maybe You should use to his on my car...
not a problem. remind me when your at the shop.