Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Best Wax/ Detailing for Alpine White 550i

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious as to what would be a good all in one car cleaning/waxing product for an alpine white 500i.

Also, what are good products for cleaning the interior/leather/carpet and windows as well?

I've heard a lot about Zaino...If I go with them, what products do you guys suggest?

Should I do a full detail job once I've taken delivery of my car?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

for waxing i personally use meguiars unless i take my car to someone to detail/wax it when im feeling lazy. ive heard a lot about zaino but i never got a chance to try it, but the results look amazing and it is highly recommended. for the interior i usually just wipe it all down until its clean with armor all wipes, and just windex on the windows. gets the job done. good luck
Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by NC23' post='430118' date='May 31 2007, 12:18 AM
I am curious as to what would be a good all in one car cleaning/waxing product for an alpine white 500i.

Also, what are good products for cleaning the interior/leather/carpet and windows as well?

I've heard a lot about Zaino...If I go with them, what products do you guys suggest?

check out some of my past posts or some of tachyon's past posts regarding zaino. use the serach function.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

I've been using Zaino for years and it really has one of the best reflective shines I have seen, considering I've used almost everything that is available on the market...It is all I use.... But, the trade-off is that you have to like waxing your car, because I tell you, you have to be in shape and determined to wax when you do Zaino.

For black,grey,etc. the shine really differs in the product applied. But for Alpine White, I honestly think it doesn't matter what you use.... As long as it's easy to apply and lasts (beads) for a long time. I would definitely recommend to you Klasse (AIO + SG). Both bottles will last you 2+ years if you wax once every 2 - 3 months. This should do the trick... Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by superhung' post='432219' date='Jun 5 2007, 04:19 PM
I've been using Zaino for years and it really has one of the best reflective shines I have seen, considering I've used almost everything that is available on the market...It is all I use.... But, the trade-off is that you have to like waxing your car, because I tell you, you have to be in shape and determined to wax when you do Zaino.

For black,grey,etc. the shine really differs in the product applied. But for Alpine White, I honestly think it doesn't matter what you use.... As long as it's easy to apply and lasts (beads) for a long time. I would definitely recommend to you Klasse (AIO + SG). Both bottles will last you 2+ years if you wax once every 2 - 3 months. This should do the trick... Hope this helps.

Thanks. that does help. What do you guys think about Rejex?

I ask because I don't mind doing all the work, but I would much prefer an easy process since I greatly enjoy my free time on the weekends. I would hate to have to devote 8 hours just on my car. I hear that rejex is a good all in one. I haven't heard too much about Klasse
Old 06-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='430124' date='May 30 2007, 09:31 PM
for waxing i personally use meguiars unless i take my car to someone to detail/wax it when im feeling lazy. ive heard a lot about zaino but i never got a chance to try it, but the results look amazing and it is highly recommended. for the interior i usually just wipe it all down until its clean with armor all wipes, and just windex on the windows. gets the job done. good luck

+1 for someone else to washing the car.

but for me, when I had free time, meguiars and mothers were my products of choices.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:51 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by NC23' post='430118' date='May 30 2007, 11:18 PM

I never used anything but Carnuba and Carnuba wax cleaners. They worked good, but that was before I discovered RejeX. I would lean toward the Rejex or Zaino. The Carnuba had a deep shine, but did not last nearly as long and after the third or fourth wash job, I would expect the polymers to outperform.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NC23' post='430118' date='May 30 2007, 11:18 PM
Go ahead an enjoy the car for a while before doing a full detail. Hopefully your dealer will do a good job getting it all clean and shiny, and that should last you 4-6 weeks.

At that point the best easy-to-use stuff is either Klasse All-In-One or Zaino AIO. Both do a good job cleaning, polishing and protecting the paint. Both will bead well for 6-8 weeks, easy. If you want more pop, both systems have a second step to get that fresh-from-the-showroom look. Klasse's Sealant Glaze and Zaino's Clear Seal add extra protection and shine.

You should also get a quick detailer such as Zaino's Z-6 (or Z-8) or Finish Kare 425. Use these post-wash to keep the shine going longer.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='433683' date='Jun 8 2007, 09:43 PM
Go ahead an enjoy the car for a while before doing a full detail. Hopefully your dealer will do a good job getting it all clean and shiny, and that should last you 4-6 weeks.

At that point the best easy-to-use stuff is either Klasse All-In-One or Zaino AIO. Both do a good job cleaning, polishing and protecting the paint. Both will bead well for 6-8 weeks, easy. If you want more pop, both systems have a second step to get that fresh-from-the-showroom look. Klasse's Sealant Glaze and Zaino's Clear Seal add extra protection and shine.

You should also get a quick detailer such as Zaino's Z-6 (or Z-8) or Finish Kare 425. Use these post-wash to keep the shine going longer.

Thanks, I actually have narrowed down my choices to zaino and klasse. Klasse seems a little easier to use.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='433683' date='Jun 8 2007, 10:43 PM

I think you or I should work for Zaino! LOL!

My choice here would be the Zaino line.