Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Which is the best wax" ClearKote, P21s, Zanio or Zymol?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

Dear e60 forum:

I am still searching for the best car wax / sealant to give me the 3D deep wet look car show mirror type gloss shine, that will last me about 5 to 6 months?

I narrowed it down to four waxes that I listed with their prices below. Does anybody know which one of the four listed below is the best for our BMW's? (T. Silver color?)

1) P21S 100% Carnauba Wax $54.95

CLICK ON: http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

NOTE: Once at site, then Click on car care & Detail icon

================================================== ================

2) Zymol Creme Wax (with 33% Carnauba wax) $49.95

3) Zaino Wax (No Carnauba) kit. This kit contains everything you will need to do the job right, i.e. clay bar, Z2, Z-5 Z7 car wash, etc) $84.70

CLICK ON: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...roduct_Count=21

4) ClearKote Killer Combo Kit Carnauba Moose Hand Glaze, and ClearKote Canauba Moose Wax with Towels $42.95

CLICK ON: http://yhst-71875453333855.stores.ya...t/kt-2004.html

NOTE: Once at site click on Kits and Packages Icon

Which ones on this list above would you recommend for me to get what I am looking for in a Carnauba wax / or a excellent performing sealant type ? (i.e. "Zanio")

Thanks in Advance!!

Thanks in Advance!!

R. Eddie Presley aka Presley348
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

I would pick either 3 or 4 in your list,
don't get the Zym0l unless you go for the Z Concours

Zaino will look great on T silver (Like mine), but i found its lacking the "warmy" feel that wax brings you,

Clearkote gives you an excellent wet look. I would use Vanilla moose wax (Polish)--> Yellow moose wax (Glaze) --> and follwed by two coats of Carnauba wax (Wax)

But again, if you ask me whats the best wax money can buy, i would say Swissvax Best of show indeed

But to be honest, prep is the key to bring out the shine and people dont really see the differences between expensive and cheap wax.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 2003 Audi RS6/2002 Porsche 911 Turbo/2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I would get some Menzerna Polishes and polish out your car first
Old 08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='637963' date='Aug 2 2008, 02:01 AM
I would pick either 3 or 4 in your list,
don't get the Zym0l unless you go for the Z Concours

Zaino will look great on T silver (Like mine), but i found its lacking the "warmy" feel that wax brings you,

Clearkote gives you an excellent wet look. I would use Vanilla moose wax (Polish)--> Yellow moose wax (Glaze) --> and follwed by two coats of Carnauba wax (Wax)

But again, if you ask me whats the best wax money can buy, i would say Swissvax Best of show indeed

But to be honest, prep is the key to bring out the shine and people dont really see the differences between expensive and cheap wax.
I agree with this. ClearKote makes a very good product that many professional detailers really like. I don't think it can really be beat without going crazy in the $$$$$ department.

The P21S will give you excellent results but no way is it going to last much more then about 6 to 8 weeks tops on car that actually gets driven.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='637956' date='Aug 2 2008, 02:33 AM
Dear e60 forum:

I am still searching for the best car wax / sealant to give me the 3D deep wet look car show mirror type gloss shine, that will last me about 5 to 6 months?

I narrowed it down to four waxes that I listed with their prices below. Does anybody know which one of the four listed below is the best for our BMW's? (T. Silver color?)

1) P21S 100% Carnauba Wax $54.95

2) Zymol Creme Wax (with 33% Carnauba wax) $49.95

3) Zaino Wax (No Carnauba) kit. This kit contains everything you will need to do the job right, i.e. clay bar, Z2, Z-5 Z7 car wash, etc) $84.70

CLICK ON: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...roduct_Count=21

4) ClearKote Killer Combo Kit Carnauba Moose Hand Glaze, and ClearKote Canauba Moose Wax with Towels $42.95

CLICK ON: http://yhst-71875453333855.stores.ya...t/kt-2004.html

NOTE: Once at site click on Kits and Packages Icon

Which ones on this list above would you recommend for me to get what I am looking for in a Carnauba wax / or a excellent performing sealant type ? (i.e. a "Zanio")

Thanks in Advance!!

R. Eddie Presley aka Presley348
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: I have an 05 545i. It's a manual with a few options. This is my first BMW but I don't know how I'll ever be able to switch to something else.

I'm not sure if you are going more for durability or shine, but there's NO WAX that will last that long without continuous cleaning and touch up of wax with a quick detailer that has some sort of wax in it. For durability your going to need a good sealant, like Zaino, but there are alot of other sealants out there that I feel work just as good if not better, but are easier to use. Some examples are Klasse, Meguiar's #21, DP, Chemical Guys, 4 Star, Poorboy's World, etc.

The nice thing about sealants is that after you've applied it and let it cure, you can layer it with carnauba wax to give it more depth & shine, that wet look your after. There's alot of info out there about this stuff. One of my personal favorite forums is www.detailcity.org. They have lots of sponsors that are always giving 10% discounts on there stuff (a lot cheaper than that bavauto website you were looking at)

But my personal thoughts on the products you picked are

1. P21S - A great wax that looks good, easy to use, but not that durable. Good for layering over itself or on sealants. Try and look for S100 wax, it's the same thing/same company/same jar, but it's cheaper and you can usually find it locally at motorcyle shops

2. Zymol - Expensive products that work well, but I feel are WAY overpriced. If you want to say that you use Zymol go for it, but there are cheaper, just as nice products out there.

3. Zaino - great sealant systems, pretty easy to use, this would be a good choice if your just starting to enter the detailing enthusiast realm.

4. Clearkote - Great, cheap products. They remind me of Poorboy's world products. That moose wax looks great on any car.

Ultimately it comes down to whatever you feel like buying, people you drive by aren't going to know whether you put Meguiar's wax or Zymol on (if they even know what zymol is).

pyiu and keith had a good point to, prep (polishing/swirl removing/glazes) are the key to making your paint really pop. No amount of $200 zymol wax can hide those spiderwebs caused from poor car washing habits, it's going to take a polish.

PM if you have any other questions, i'll be more than happy to help.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by kaiten408' post='640868' date='Aug 6 2008, 10:16 AM
... Ultimately it comes down to whatever you feel like buying, people you drive by aren't going to know whether you put Meguiar's wax or Zymol on (if they even know what zymol is).

pyiu and keith had a good point too, prep (polishing/swirl removing/glazes) are the key to making your paint really pop. No amount of $200 zymol wax can hide those spiderwebs caused from poor car washing habits, it's going to take a polish. ...
True, true. I've been doing a lot of "detailing" on my cars just to get moving (I need exercise). Sitting all day (sometimes all night) on the computer looking at my favorite forum does not contribute to any weight loss .
Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: I have an 05 545i. It's a manual with a few options. This is my first BMW but I don't know how I'll ever be able to switch to something else.

LOL, yeah i've been known to do that from time to time.

Detailing is an addiction, probably unhealthy too
Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 AM
Members

ZYMOL great!!!