Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Best Lens cleaner i have used yet "Plexus"

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, just thought i would share something with my fellow beemer owners. I know that over time our clear head light lenses can begin to oxidize. I have used a few different lens cleaners over the years. I just thought i would share what I think has done well. I am a police officer in california, and one of the problems we have with our police car light bars over the hot summer months is oxidation. Federal Signal sells a product called "Plexus!" It is used to clear up hazing/oxidation on light bars for emergency vehicles. I recently had a friend of mine, purchase a CPO car, and the clear lens on it were looking dull. We applied some of the Plexus, and WOW! it was amazing now much it cleared it up. It can be used on tail lights too. I can find the product in a local emergency vehicle out fitting store in my town. Here is a website i have found it at. http://www.superiorcarcare.net/plexplascle...CFRk_awodfBjMnA anyway, just thought i would share this with all of you.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lightingball2' post='804217' date='Feb 28 2009, 09:04 PM
Hey all, just thought i would share something with my fellow beemer owners. I know that over time our clear head light lenses can begin to oxidize. I have used a few different lens cleaners over the years. I just thought i would share what I think has done well. I am a police officer in california, and one of the problems we have with our police car light bars over the hot summer months is oxidation. Federal Signal sells a product called "Plexus!" It is used to clear up hazing/oxidation on light bars for emergency vehicles. I recently had a friend of mine, purchase a CPO car, and the clear lens on it were looking dull. We applied some of the Plexus, and WOW! it was amazing now much it cleared it up. It can be used on tail lights too. I can find the product in a local emergency vehicle out fitting store in my town. Here is a website i have found it at. http://www.superiorcarcare.net/plexplascle...CFRk_awodfBjMnA anyway, just thought i would share this with all of you.
thanks for the site. i have family who have been PD in NJ.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lightingball2' post='804217' date='Feb 28 2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the tip. I use this stuff on the plastics on my dirt bike and it works great.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lightingball2' post='804217' date='Feb 28 2009, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the advice and tip. Just ordered a can along with a can of wheelwax. will see....
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 525xi

Originally Posted by Lightingball2' post='804217' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:04 PM
Awesome stuff. I totally agree. They actually gave me a can when I went to pic up my car at delivery.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535ixT � On Order: 2010 E61, Ordered 1/05, Est. Birth 3/09, Est. Delivery 4/09, Carbon Black, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, M-Sport Pkg., Type 135 18
Model Year: 2010

It's also good stuff to polish a clear bra. I used it for three years on my old E61.