Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Best forum for car detailing questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006 | 05:40 PM
Members

I see many of you asking basic questions about external car care so I thought I would post this information. The absolute best forum is www.autopia.org. Go to the forums section and you could spend the next 10 days learning how to properly wash, wax, clay and polish you're own vehicle. It is very easy to learn and you will enjoy the process once you have a good understanding of the proper methods and products to use. The users just like this forum are very helpful and informative. They also have many pro detailers that give out free info on which products to use and how to use them.

My only word of caution is watch you're wallet. My wife had a cow last year when she saw all the stuff I ordered.

Good Luck!

JCFLYS
Old 04-30-2006 | 06:19 PM
Contributors

Welcome aboard JCFlys ... glad you joined us.

Since is has been raining here in Chicago for days, I was doing exactly as you suggest and I spent the better part of the afternoon reading through Autopia. Right, you can spend days there learinng all about detailing. I just received my order from Griot's Garage, including their random orbital polisher, and I was finding out about all the how-to's.

I am inspired by cader and wmbiii's stunning new 550 to bring back the like-new shine.

Sometime in the next few weeks .....
Old 04-30-2006 | 06:26 PM
Members

I am happy to be here. I am looking at a 550i once some contract issues at work get settled. I just talked to mom in Illinois today and she said it looks like rain for a while now. Well have fun once you get a chance to get started and let us know how the orbital goes. I am going to get a Porter Cable soon to use on our 4runner. Ha ha practice on the wife's car a little before I ever touch the new 550 with it.

JC