Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Anyone used Poorboy products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by Jon M5' post='854505' date='Apr 21 2009, 04:49 PM
As title says really! Has anyone used Poorboy cleaning products? If so, what are your verdicts?? I want to get some sent over from the US as i have heard some good things. But want to hear some more verdicts from people i can trust! And, what products would you recommend??

Thanks in advance!
I like to try new products...the last batch of 'detailing goo' that I ordered was poorboys. I have the "Poorboys polish with carnuba wax" and the "Poorboys Trim Restore". both are good products

Good value, the wax is easy to apply and buffs out nicely, ant the part I like best, it can be applied in sunlight (good for me since I don't have a garage to park my car in).

The trim restore is amazing stuff, makes black trim pieces black! Very nice finishing touch to an afternoon of detailing.

hope this helps.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

decided to try nattys blue wax after people on autopia were raving about it.
i was pretty dissapointed with it; the bubblegum smell makes u wanna puke after 10 minutes of constantly smelling it, the longevity of it wasnt that great either. and even though people were saying it does miracles on metallic paints, i didnt see anything special to it. it definitely wasnt as good as P21S, and with similar longevity :thumbsdown:

i tied meguiars NXT 2.0 three weeks ago and i was amazed at how good it was after a proper polishing. and the removal of it is probably the easiest of any product i have EVER used. so far the longevity is outstanding. for an OTC product its the best ive tried.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Members

Great line of products.
If you look for one of my threads here, you'll see the results.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Members

I just used Poor Boys "Bold and Bright" on my tyres for the first time.

It has a consistancy and appearace of milk. I applied it with a applicator sponge.

Each application makes it glossier. First application just gave it a nice clean matt black look to it. Second Coat made it a little bit glossy, but still very understated which is how I like it.

Don't know as to durability, will let you know.

So far I love it - it also smells like coconut.