Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Why I Hate BMW NA even more today

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005 | 09:34 AM
Contributors

Well to all our lucky North American friends up in Canada, you can now go into the BMW Canada website and configure your cars with the M-Sport Package http://www.bmw.ca/automobiles/model_fs.asp...D=13&seriesID=5

To BMW NA, for this I give you no futher financal support and will spite myself at this time until I can clear my anger at this rediculous situation. Perhaps a small sportscar is in my future, though I wanted the E60, I will not give in now. I am disgusted that BMW will ship M-Sports to North America, on the same damn ship as all of our US cars, but will not allow me to purchase it. This is unacceptable, to me atleast, on principle alone, so I will not shell out the $70K plus I have been planning on to do the conversion post production.

BMW NA, you have turned your back on a 20 year relationship we had and I wont accept this treatment...
Old 09-15-2005 | 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I understand you very well. Its the same with Diesel engines, Mercedes, VW can do it, but BMW NA refuses....
Old 09-15-2005 | 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Would it be possible to go up to Toronto, buy a M Sport car and then bring it back down here?
Old 09-15-2005 | 09:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Some of the decisions that BMW NA and BMW CA make do leave you scratching your head. Why can you not order an E61 touring without X drive? Why could you not order an E39 540 touring with a manual transmission?

I saw an E61 in carbon black with Msport at my dealer the other day. I personally do not care for the alum trim but the remainder of the package looks great.

I would order the touring with the roof rails though. Curiously, they are dropped on the E61 as part of the Msport package.
Old 09-15-2005 | 10:57 AM
Members

sorry but what is a BMW NA ?
Old 09-15-2005 | 11:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by rami' date='Sep 15 2005, 12:57 PM
sorry but what is a BMW NA ?
[snapback]171002[/snapback]
BMW North America
Old 09-15-2005 | 11:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by m630' date='Sep 15 2005, 12:34 PM
Well to all our lucky North American friends up in Canada, you can now go into the BMW Canada website and configure your cars with the M-Sport Package? ? http://www.bmw.ca/automobiles/model_fs.asp...D=13&seriesID=5

To BMW NA, for this I give you no futher financal support and will spite myself at this time until I can clear my anger at this rediculous situation.? Perhaps a small sportscar is in my future, though I wanted the E60, I will not give in now.? I am disgusted that BMW will ship M-Sports to North America, on the same damn ship as all of our US cars, but will not allow me to purchase it.? This is unacceptable, to me atleast, on principle alone, so I will not shell out the $70K plus I have been planning on to do the conversion post production.

BMW NA, you have turned your back on a 20 year relationship we had and I wont accept this treatment...? ?
[snapback]170954[/snapback]
M630,

I can understand your frustration with BMW NA. However, it might be rash to ditch such a fine automobile as the E60. No doubt looks are very important, but performance would seem to be the top priority when considering a BMW. I actually prefer the stock look over the M package, but its just my opinion. That said, if a refresh occurred suddenly in the M-sport form, I'd be dissappointed but would still get the bimmer .

Hang in there, and maybe something will change soon.
Old 09-15-2005 | 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by jet190rs' date='Sep 15 2005, 12:51 PM
Would it be possible to go up to Toronto, buy a M Sport car and then bring it back down here?
[snapback]170963[/snapback]

It is possible, you would have to pay 2.5% duty into the USA, but it may be possible to recover the 6.1% Canadian duty that BMW paid at time of import into Canada.

You would also have to find a dealer that would sell you the car without collecting federal sales tax which is 7% or find someone with a company in Canada who would pay the taxes and then be able to claim them back upon export of the car from Canada.

If the speedo is in kilometers per hour and not miles you would have to change the speedometer to a U.S. one that shows miles per hour.
Old 09-15-2005 | 11:34 AM
Senior Members

...not to mention that you probably would have no warranty in the US either.

Uh, I'm sure this is dissapointing, but there are lots of nice crs out there. Perhaps you should double up on the meds tonite?... :'(
Old 09-15-2005 | 11:43 AM
NES
Members

I understand your frustration and we are all in this situation together. I personally am pissed off that they have yet to offer "individual" programs here in the US and we are BMW's largest market! Not to mention that we are a custom auto crazed society.

BMW, WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR FREEBIES HERE, JUST THE ABILITY TO PURCHASE WHAT WE WANT AS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD. I BELIEVE WE DESERVE IT AFTER TREATING YOU WITH THE LARGEST MARKET FOR YOUR SALES! IT WILL WORK OUT GOOD FOR EVERYONE!

Quick Reply: Why I Hate BMW NA even more today