Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

What is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs?, I

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Apr 13 2005, 09:17 AM
It's disappointing that a dealer in GA would try to get you to pay for their tire repair.? It's not your tire.? It matters not who was driving it when it failed.? I would absolutely demand to be reimbursed.? You're a nice guy, Ray (too nice) - you should have never paid that bill.? I wonder if they're squeezing you because you don't have a lot of options to go elsewhere in your neck of the woods?
[snapback]114885[/snapback]
Ok-- let's look at this whole story from the other side.

The dealer is driving your car in order to diagnose a problem that you complain about. In the process, they get a flat tire. They get the car back to the dealership, but the flat tire is not repairable.

Who pays for the new tire? You, because you own the car, or the dealer, because they got the flat?

I'd be interested in what the response is.

My opinion? You assume responsibility for the loaner car when you take it. If it malfunctions, that is the dealer's problem, but if you have a road hazard, that is your problem! If you hit something in the road the tire blows, you need to take responsibility. The tire didn't blow itself up-- something in the road that punctured the tire did. If you're driving it, you have to deal with it.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Apr 12 2005, 11:00 PM
Before I go to the trouble, does anyone here know what is BMW NA Policy on Loaner, Courtesy BMWs? You know it is always something! This past week my new e60 was at Nalley BMW in Decatur GA having 1st year service work performed plus I purchased some new rims to have installed. They let me use a courtesy 2004 BMW 330i with 10,000 miles, which was nice, but on the way home, I had a flat tire that the side wall blew out...Today when I went back to turn my courtesy in they presented my with a bill for: $182.61 for a brand new tire, plus their labor charge of $35.00, valve 1.63, deposer fee of 4.00 total 223.24,, (CLICK ON BELOW), and the Nalley BMW employee (Cheryl) handling the case, said sir don't worry I rip you off! (Yea Right!)

Question forum: Do you feel this is fair what they did to me, making me pay for a new tire, even though theirs had 10,000 miles on it? We are all here BMW owners and their customers, and remember if they did it to me they can do it to you also, because now a precedent has now been established, and good news about a new way for BMW dealer to make an extra buck or two travels fast to other BMW dealers in other states, and good BMW money making news I bet travels fast from: east to west!?

Also the did get me assist fixed but now my factory 6 disc cd player will not work. It was working great when I took it in last week, but now it will not give me a cd position menu on my iDrive?

Well I am out some money and time, and I hope what happened to me does not happen to you.?

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
[snapback]114730[/snapback]

======================
UPDATE:

Dear Forum members:

Mon 4-25-05 @ 11:58hrs, This post is about the outcome of me paying new tire fees and labor, for a flat tire on a 10,000 mile loaner BMW 330i.

I received a phone call from Mr. Clay Nalley the owner of Nalley BMW himself, shared with me how he had just read my letter I sent last Friday, and how he apologizes for any inconvenience it might had caused me and is sending me a refund of $223.24 today.

In conclusion: With Mr. Nalley doing this, restore what faith I had lost in Nalley BMW, and it still by my personal experience Nalley BMW is still the #1 BMW dealer here in the Atlanta GA area in my book, and my family and I will continue doing all our auto business with Nalley BMW. (formally aka Chris BMW)

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 04-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

this should be the way to do business. only a bit over $200 and makes a customer to become loyal. well worth it .
Old 04-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Way to go Presley, you spoke up and were heard.

Good to see that your dealer came thru for you in the end.